Sign in to follow this  
tbbahner

American Iron

tbbahner

Been a while since I've posted anything. I still lurk and enjoy my tractors.

Over the last year,  I decided to reduce my flock of Ferguson tractors. Since my hobby has always supported itself, I decided to change

directions a little. The money from the sale of the tractors is being invested in a little different type of old iron.

Over 2 tons of American iron and chrome with fins to boot! Ya just gotta love it! She's just an old driver that's had a hard life but at age 51 she's still got some life left in her.

Makes cruisin for chicks a tad more comfortable!

Tom B

1963 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

DSC04099_zps9c6b4c75.jpg

DSC04100_zpsb9775c2a.jpg

• Like 5

stevasaurus

Those old Caddies are way too much fun to drive...fun to look at also.  :)

squonk

Those old Caddys are a hoot! 472 stump pullers in the sedans and 500 Eldo's Almost all of them still around here smell like gas all the time. Fuel lines leaking and half the rear fender comes off with the fender skirts!  Can't be beat for cruising.Got to get one old enough so it has the metal rad support. If you get a glass one you have to be careful closing the hood. I had a customer that had a fleet of them. His Eldo convertible came in for an oil change. I closed the hood and the headlights fell out as the support shattered! :banghead:  Another time we worked on one of his Fleetwoods  and the oil light came on. The external pump lost it's prime. We had to take it apart and pack the gears with grease. :)  :banana-wrench:

Sparky

Beautiful car! I bet it rides like a dream.. :grin:  .

Mike.......

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Perfect ride for the drive-in...  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

lot's of room for you to stretch out with your honey in there. 

squonk

Perfect ride for the drive-in...  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

lot's of room for you to stretch out with your honey in there. 

You can fit the whole neighbor hood in the trunk and have a block party! Those big cars with remote trunk releases are a riot. Friend's dad had a Fury with that option. 2 guys get in the trunk. I would man the release button and the friend would drive. We would drive to a rival town on a warm summers night. If someone was walking on a walk or whatever I would pop the trunk and the 2 guys would make some stupid comment to the person(s) and then close it. The looks we got were priceless

Edited by squonk

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:    :angry-nono: You never share your honey with the neighborhood Mike.    :no:  

• Like 1

squonk

Who do you think looks out for the father?

tbbahner

Thanks for the comments guys.

I forgot how these things "float" down the road, you kinda have to get used to it again. Remember when power steering was done with a finger tip! As was said, it is a 'HOOT".  Didn't know I had so many friends, either a wave or thumbs up going down the road.

In the process of getting it road worthy again. Wife and I are planning on driving Rt. 66 this summer.

• Like 1