Fishroe

c85 owners i have a couple questions.

Fishroe

Have any of you experienced motor shake with the iso mounts?  My neighbor has a cub cadet 1650.  It has the iso mounts and it shakes pretty bad.   Next question is about the pto.  My 414-8, when engaging and disengaging the pto the pressure plate moves to and from the clutch disc like it should.  This c85 i was looking at, when you move the lever back and forth, the plate doesn't move in and out like mine.  Is it just froze up or way out of adjustment.  Also the motor moves 1/4 inch or so when engaging and disengaging the pto lever.  I wouldn't think the motor should be moving like that.  But i haven't seen a working one on a c-85.   I'm new to these horses but i like em.  I've only laid eyes on the 414-8, c-85 and just yesterday a c-125 at my buddys house that he was working on.    Thanks   Mike

Edited by Fishroe

leeave96

I've got a 1650 and if the engine moves around, the ISO mounts are shot. Sounds like the ones on the C85 are too. The clutch should move on and out on the crank. Sounds like maybe it's frozen on the shaft or the linkage is frozen or binding. The engine shouldn't move when you engage the PTO lever.

Fishroe

I didn't think it was working right. Thanks for the info

JimD

About the pto, when you disengage it, if the implement you're using comes to a stop it is not rusted or frozen together. It just has less clearance than you are used to seeing. You can adjust it to get more clearance. If your implement doesn't stop then you need to find out why. Many times the reason you see more movement is because the pto brake shoe is loose or missing.

Edited by JimD

Fishroe

I forgot to say it does this with engine off. This is a tractor I was looking at to buy. Owner says the motor needs rings. He was cutting grass with it and it started smoking real bad so he parked it and has been sitting ever since. Motor isn't locked up though

oldredrider

Check the pan mounts to the cradle plate. They can get "waddled" out and cause problems.

Fishroe

Those are all great suggestions guys thanks for your help

Kelly

New rubber mounts are about $100 for all 4 keep that in mind when buying a tractor, it is normal for the engine to shake around some, and yes when you engage the PTO the engine will tilt back some, look at the rubber mounts close see if they look worn out, and unless the tractor is real clean, needing a engine rebuild it sounds like a $200 machine more or less 

Fishroe

That's what I was thinking too Kelly Thanks for the info