zanepetty

which way does this go help!!

zanepetty

Which way does this go? It fits both ways so I'm confused. Also the air canal for the adjustment screw (top hole on picture number 3 on the carb )just sucks unfiltered air. Neither way covers up that hole. Is that right?

post-11334-0-14557900-1390674545_thumb.j

post-11334-0-40135600-1390674674_thumb.j

post-11334-0-74765300-1390674717_thumb.j

TT

Turned down around so the longest part is on the bottom.

The gasket should cover the top hole.

daveoman1966

The air cleaner base has 3 screw-mount holes in it (Left, Top, and Right).  Here is a pic of a 10hp Kohler engine carb with 3 matching screw-threads in it.  Simply match the base to the carb so you can put a screw into each of the 3 holes. 

zanepetty

My plate only has two holes in it. So it will still get air and run right if the gasket blocks the hole? As you can see the air cleaner plate flange doesn't go up high enough to cover the hole so it would just be gasket material covering the hole..

rmaynard

The top hole is blind, unthreaded, and insignificant on that model.

zanepetty

Thanks alot

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• JZilla024
      By JZilla024
      Hello everyone!
      I recently inherited my grandpa's 
      Wheel Horse 753. I remember it running before his health declined about 15 years ago. My intentions are just to get it running and do a mild restoration, it'll stay in the family.

Without further ado, here it is!
      Having a hard time with pictures due to no phone service at my shop. I'll be sure to update soon.
    • 12 hp Kohler
      By 12 hp Kohler
      I picked up a pair of ag tires for my 753 at the big show, I have been looking for some for a while but haven't been able to find any but of course I found them at the show. They look a lot cooler than I imagined, just have to paint the wheels white again and it will look like a million bucks.  
    • 12 hp Kohler
      By 12 hp Kohler
      I painted my replacement trans yesterday and let it dry over night, installed it today, ( quite a job my first time swaping a transmission in a wheel horse). I fired up the 753 this evening to test out the trans and all the gears work great. I know the paint color is a little off but it was, more for protection than looks. Am going to try to rebuild the old transmission eventually in case I need it for another horse.
    • 12 hp Kohler
      By 12 hp Kohler
      Got the 753 running this evening, I didn't get it driving yet because I have to get a belt guard and gear oil but the engine runs great, started up third pull and idles very clean.
    • zanepetty
      By zanepetty
      I finally got my tractor finished thanks to all you fine redsquare folks. I want to thank all of you for all the input and advice you've given me. I appreciate it. Also, I wanted to add a few pics of her on a lazy Sunday strole. Hope you like it. Thanks, Zane