bowtiebutler956

Re-purposed JD Weights For The C-160

AMC RULES

Looks good Matt, how much weight is it adding to the front? 

• Like 1

chazm

Nice job on the weights Matt  :handgestures-thumbupright:     But my question is.... why is it green there & not WHITE ????  :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

bowtie, you allways do a nice clean job.  looks good and serves a purpose.

Glenn

• Like 1

KC9KAS

They look like rubber baby buggie bumpers! :ychain:

Just kidding....they look nice.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Looks good Matt, how much weight is it adding to the front? 

Thanks Craig, and its not quite 40lbs, but very close.

Nice job on the weights Matt  :handgestures-thumbupright:     But my question is.... why is it green there & not WHITE ????  :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Chazm, I live as far south as you can go in the US, the very bottom of  :flags-texas:. Its not unusual for us to go all the way thru winter without a freeze, and actually the grass is growing like crazy here right now. Its been making for plenty of seat time!  :woohoo:

bowtie, you allways do a nice clean job.  looks good and serves a purpose.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, I appreciate the kind words. :thumbs:

They look like rubber baby buggie bumpers! :ychain:

Just kidding....they look nice.

Actually, your right, they do kind of look like heavy duty rubber bumpers.

Matt :flags-texas:

Jake Kuhn

Very nice job matt! I like how they look.

• Like 1

rexman72

nice work and I cant believe people are actually mowing lawns besides florida

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Very nice job matt! I like how they look.

Thanks Jake.

Thanks, and I'm happy to live this far south, as I hate the cold! Our summers are very dry, and hot, but I'll take sweating over shivering any day. Although, pushing or blowing snow from inside a snow cab does look like fun. :thumbs:

brandonozz

Looks very clean and compact. I like it! I had to add some weight to the front of my C 120 also. I really haven't had a problem with the front end coming up when taking off but I do have trouble turning some times when the tiller is on. As my garden in fenced in on three sides I don't get to make those nice long runs that would make it easier so being able to maneuver the tractor is important.

I am very envious of your early start with the garden. Next month the cold weather stuff is going in up here in OK.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Looks good Matt ! Question though. Is the 40lbs enough to keep the fron end down when loading the tractor and tiller on a trailer?

• Like 1

rdmanone

Good looking rig.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Looks very clean and compact. I like it! I had to add some weight to the front of my C 120 also. I really haven't had a problem with the front end coming up when taking off but I do have trouble turning some times when the tiller is on. As my garden in fenced in on three sides I don't get to make those nice long runs that would make it easier so being able to maneuver the tractor is important.

I am very envious of your early start with the garden. Next month the cold weather stuff is going in up here in OK.

Happy Growing!

Thanks, and I know what you mean about the steering. With the tiller up it didn't steer very well either, especially if you were on loose dirt, but it does much better now. Hopefully it will warm up soon, so you can get your garden in. :thumbs:

Looks good Matt ! Question though. Is the 40lbs enough to keep the fron end down when loading the tractor and tiller on a trailer?

I don't know Van, but as soon as I try it, I'll let you know. I'm really enjoying this C160 Van, and I think about you, and whc160 often when I'm using it. Its good to have friends watching out for you.  :thanks:

Good looking rig.

Thank you. :thumbs:

• Like 1

brandonozz

My guess is you will be just fine with the extra 40 pounds. Loaded my C120 many times withour any weight on the front without issues but I did take it really slow and my trailer isn't too high. I'm going to need to figure something out so I can keep the weights on while loading the tractor as I actually have been removing them to get the tractor up against the angle iron at the front of the trailer and the weight bracket prevented that.
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Matt and Brandon, I'm with you on the 40lbs. I think that would be enough to keep the front end down. Matt, that is one nice looking set of weights you have there on the new tractor. :)

• Like 1

Fishroe

Must be nice to have fresh tomatoes in January. Here in va. I won't have a fresh tomatoe til the first of July. I need to move to Florida

• Like 1

squonk

I picked up a set of Zero-turn weights at the Mansfield auction and plan on doing the same thing for snow plowing to help with the turns.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

I picked up a set of Zero-turn weights at the Mansfield auction and plan on doing the same thing for snow plowing to help with the turns.

They've worked fantastic for keeping the front tires on the ground with the tiller out back. :thumbs:

Matt