Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

The 514H

kpinnc

I got a 520-H a few weeks ago. It had unfortunately thrown a rod, and broken the camshaft as well. While trying to decide whether or not to rebuild the engine, I decided to put a Vanguard twin I have on it for now.

I had to make a riser platform for it, to bring the PTO up to the correct position, but it works. I also had to weld up a manifold for it, as the factory muffler setup was raised up too high to fit under the hood. Ugly, but it works:

Picture010.jpg

Also used a HUGE muffler on it, but it runs so quiet now it's hard to tell if it's running or not:

Picture009.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't found a drive pulley yet for it, so no PTO yet. For now, I'm using a pulley that is within 1/4 inch of being the correct diameter. I hope to find the correct one at a reasonable price. I need a 5 and 1/4 inch diameter, 1 inch bore pulley, if anyone has one. Most are 1 and 1/8th inch bore...

Picture008.jpg

Anyway, the tractor runs GREAT. The twin Briggs runs very smooth, and as I said before, very quiet. The tranny is strong, and does not weaken when warmed up. The hydraulic lift works well, and is much quicker to respond to imputs than my Sunstrand equipped trannies. I'm not converted yet, but this appears to be a good Eaton in this machine... :banghead:

And it would appear that the kids like it just a wee bit. They tend to take my tractors from me shortly after I bring them out, but this time, they didn't want to give it back....

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture007.jpg

I'm really liking this machine. I never had much use for the 500 series tractors. I guess now I know what all the fuss is about. They ride like a cadillac!

Kevin

Sparky

Man that motor looks like it belongs there! Its even red :banghead: .

I have a Eaton equipped tractor(416-H) and have owned a couple of others with Eatons before this one and the trannys worked great.

Your gonna love it.

Mike.....

DMESS

It would appear that the "Gator Tots" have already figured out what the fuss is all about! :USA: You're gonna love that thing once you pry it out of their hands. :banghead:

T-Mo

Gator,

That's a nice looking tractor. And I agree with Mike, that Vanguard looks good in there, like it belongs. Nice job. It looks like you may have to keep this one the way it is, since it would appear it's not yours anymore. :banghead:

Rod(NASNUT)

Looking good :banghead:

kj4kicks

Nice to see it up and running Gator !

Since you may not be able to drive it for awhile, might as well get you some :banghead:

YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!

Kelly

I agree that motor fits nice, and looks good, I've been thinking about one of them for my loader tractor, and I think your girls might need their own, :banghead:

kpinnc

Thanks Fellas!

And yeah, I'm gonna have to build one just for the kids. It'll need a roll cage, and soft bumpers all the way around.... :banghead:

Kevin

htopjimmy26

As far as the drive pulley goes I could be wrong but didn't some old small c80/b80 or maybe c161/5 with a briggs use a drive pulley that had an 1 inch shaft? If correct size maybe you could use the tube and pto pulley too.

kpinnc

As far as the drive pulley goes I could be wrong but didn't some old small c80/b80 or maybe c161/5 with a briggs use a drive pulley that had an 1 inch shaft? If correct size maybe you could use the tube and pto pulley too.

Hey Dana, and :omg:

You are correct. Many models came with the pulley I need to make this work. Unfortunately, I haven't found one yet. For whatever reason, they are all in hiding :banghead::USA: .

The ones that are available are usually offered for a stupidly high price.

Kevin