Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

TECUMSEH vs KOHLER Folks

BPjunk

Ding Ding Ding!

Folks on the pullin' track tonight .... we have a special no holds barred pullin' match till the first tractor stops pullin' and spins it's tires.

In the right courner weighing in at a total of 359 pounds we have from Michigan a 1962 model 552 with a 6 horse power electric start .... TeeeecumsEEEH! :lol:

And in the left courner we have from Ohio weighing in at 381 pounds a 1963 model 633 with a 6 horse power recoil start ..... KooohlERRR! :lol:

Folks this pullin' match will find out once and for all which engine will be King of the 6hp Titans. We have lined up for this pullin' match two of the most evenly set up 6 horse power Wheel Horse tractors at the Pearson Plantation and they will pull a 3,500 transpher weight sled until the tires spin or a connecting rod comes out the side of the block!!! :omg: The statistics on these tractor models are just about even as they both have the same wheel base (41-1/4inches), hight (36-1/2 inches) AND 6 horse power engines. The tires will be Generals all the way around with AG's on the rear and air pressure set the same of both tractors. Both the Tecumseh and Kohler run great and will not be touched before the pull. All set screws on the axle hubs and drive pullies will be checked. Wheelie bars will be manditory for this pullin' match as a first gear only pull! NO steroids or alcohol will be used :USA: and a metered amount of gas will be put into each tank.

OK .... The bookies out in Las Vegas and Atlanitc City are giving the high torque Kohler 3 to 1 for out pullin' the high reving Tecumseh ..... which 6 horse powered engine are ya' gonna lay your money down on????? :thumbs::banghead:

Wild Bill (found a can of diet MT Dew way in the back of the fridge tonight) in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1220832301.jpg

hodge

Awesome! So, when is the pull off? :horseplay: :banana:

sorekiwi

I got a dollar that says the Kohler wins!

and another dollar says that the Tecumseh wont start!

Sparky

My moneys on the Kohler :banghead: .

Mike......

PS...if the Tec motor dont start is it a forfeit :USA: ?

kpinnc

Bill,

Can't say which one will spin tires first, but I will place a bet which one throws a rod through the block! :thumbs:

Just kidding! :banghead::USA::omg:

Kevin

Teddy da Bear

If you even out the weight between the two..... I will take the Tecumseh.

CHARGER9AUTO

My moneys on the Kohler :banghead: .

Mike......

PS...if the Tec motor dont start is it a forfeit :USA: ?

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :thumbs::omg: Same here Mike, I run KOHLER'S on my tractors easy to buy replacement parts for and maintain them year round . Ben........ :horseplay:

perry

bill, you should make a voteing poll on the top post.

i guess ill go with the tucky, as long as the carb aint leaking :banghead:

BPjunk

Ok gang here's the insiders tip on the engines of the two Wheel Horses. :omg:

The 633 K-141 - It had a new set of piston rings installed ... so compression is GREAT and this will go good with the cast iron flywheel. :thumbs: The Kohlers good lugging power will be it's advantage. <_<

The 552 H-60 - This engine runs SWEEEEEET and can turn up some RPMs! :lol: If the throttle is pulled out at the right time the H-60 should be able to do well. The H-60 was Tecumseh's finest engine. :banghead:

Now keep in mind that both the 552 and 633 are both virgin pullers .... they are working girls on the Pearson Plantation and have never been down the pullin' track. :lol: I have pulled with my other round hoods (654, 701, 704 and 753) so knowin' how to drive them is not an issue but I do believe because these two tractors are so identical the distance pulled will be close. :USA:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Kelly

I'm going Kohler power :banghead:

Sarge

Kohler all the WAY!!! :banana:

Sarge

Drydock

Gonna add weight to the Tec I hope, even things out. Depends on the gearing. If you get that H60 spinning in its power band, it'll win. Bog 'em and the Kohler takes it.

Nick

Keeping weight, rpm and all other things the same down to driving style and I'll bet Kohler. :USA:

Bill some day I got to send you a 2 liter of caffeine free diet Mountain Dew. :banghead:

Brrly1

Ya Hoo Go Dew!!! Kohler all the way!!! :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Burly

bambooheels

which ever one goes the furthest is the one i want to win.

perry

Gonna add weight to the Tec I hope, even things out. Depends on the gearing. If you get that H60 spinning in its power band, it'll win. Bog 'em and the Kohler takes it.

iagree.gif

DMESS

Uh, Bill, wasn't the K-141 rated 6.25 HP? :banghead:

Or am I the only one thinking about that 1/4 horse advantage? :USA:

Rollerman

Good point Dustin....maybe Bill should pull the Kohler powered 633 against his Raider with the HH100 to keep things fair. :USA:

Then again we all know Bill loves them Tecumseh's & probably has the indian head with headress tatooed on his arm secretley...probably wears a headress when he pulls too.

I'd say it's fixed.... :banghead::omg:

Attached Image

post-3-1220885146.jpg

MaineDad

I vote Kohler too

gottahavvitt

I pick the red one to win. :banghead:

Docwheelhorse

Too SCARED to put a MANS motor into the fight huh Bill? :banana:

bslogo.jpg

All things being equal I don't think the Tecumseh has enough grunt. Thats if you get the Carb to behave long enough for the pull :banghead:

Teddy da Bear

Ok.....it has been a couple of days now....

Don't ya hate it when they take your bets and blow town? :banghead:

BPjunk

Too SCARED to put a MANS motor into the fight huh Bill? :banana:

bslogo.jpg

All things being equal I don't think the Tecumseh has enough grunt. Thats if you get the Carb to behave long enough for the pull :banghead:

Welllllllll Tony,

Ifn's I find one MAN ENOUGH .... then we will put it in the fight! :USA:

I guess I will jus' have ta' tinker with the carburetor on the "boat anchor" .... Uh Er I mean Tecumseh now ... to more then even things out! <_<

Hey ... How 'bout the exspression on Mike's (sparky) face when I repeted his coment 'bout them "boat anchors" .... :omg:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

rustbucket

bill i think you should even machine weights out by adding weight to the nose somewhere on the H-60 powered machine seeing as how kohler cast iorn will be heavier nose then aluminum tech engine.