Jparkes43

Hello im James from England

Anglo Traction

Doesn't matter about the Filter type James, at least you have one on it now. It will do the job.  looking forward to seeing the Gauges installed

Jparkes43

I have already got the right manual for my tractor (came from previous owner) but thanks trying to help appreciate your time

James

Edited by Jparkes43

Jparkes43

Yes the filter works well idles and runs smooth now before it sputtered a little the gauges should come either on Friday (tomorrow) 31st January 2014)) or Monday 3rd January 2014 and i haven't decided yet where on the dash the gauges will go, then the oil filter will be changed with them (kn-128) , the annoying thing is one gauge (oil temperature was out of stock so I couldn't order it.

James

Edited by Jparkes43

meadowfield

Good news on smoother running :)

diggerjames

Hi james welcome to red square good look with you restoration !

Jparkes43

Thanks for the welcome 

james 

Jparkes43

Gauges haven't come yet, still on the boat from china (probably)

James

• Like 1

Jparkes43

hi guys just a quick update,

the gauges have arrived (oil pressure,volts,tachometer) they came off eBay and i got to say they look really good i tested out the illumination with a 9v battery and they look very good, can wait to put them on the tractor, probably at the weekend if i get the time.

the oil filter is from K&N, product code KN-128

still need to order the oil temperature gauge as it is out of stock

james 

Edited by nylyon
eBay link removed as per forum rules.
  • Like 1

Jparkes43

Very interesting in that yours is later than mine i.e. badged Toro Wheel Horse while mine is just Wheel Horse. Learn something new every day. Bolts on the engine are metric of course being Kawasaki.

Andy

Just found out mine (from the papers) is a 1990, and i believe that is the first year they traded under the name Toro Wheel Horse because the changed the paint from Regal Red to Toro Red

Edited by Jparkes43

Jparkes43
aluminium dashboard that i made at school for free!!  :) I'm still trying to work out the layout that i want my gauges/buttons/switches to be but one thing is for sure that the tach is going on the bonnet

Edited by Jparkes43

meadowfield

Did you manage to find a 2 cylinder tacho James?

Jparkes43

Did you manage to find a 2 cylinder tacho James?

no not exactly i looked at a few other forums and they said if you put a car tach into 4 cyl mode it will read correctly for one cyl and it was worth the risk as it was only £11 (i also saw some people on youtube do it), ill let you know on the results.

did you get my PM?

Edited by Jparkes43

Jparkes43

finally got round to changing the oil filter and it works as expected, the oil pressure sensor is in place and all is needed is for the gauges to be wired up and placed in my new aluminium dash.

James

Jparkes43

Just tested the gauges and they work great the volts are correct and oil is good, haven't fitted them properly as i don't have any connectors (need to buy some), and the best thing the tach works great in 4 cylinder mode.

James 

Jparkes43

Sorry i have been a bit slow on the updates i have only mated to get work done on very few occasions as school work is important so here we go a big (isn) update on what has happened so far...

I have installed the new gauges (oil pressure, volts and tacho gauge) all with complete illumination. (if you want to know where i got the gauges from send me a PM and ill send you a link 

I have painted the flywheel silver because it was rusty and dint loo very nice through the cover so the silver works well against the matte black.

I have finished painting the bonnet and installed the grille that i cut out a hole for. (pain is mini chilli red, i know it isn't original but it seems a good match) comes from Halfords.

Still plenty of work to do though.

• Like 2

wheeledhorseman

Nice one James, especially the tacho. :handgestures-thumbup:  I've never really understood why this works i.e. the four cylinder setting on a single cylinder engine but I think its fair to say that it only works on an engine with magneto ignition.

On a four cylinder engine with conventional coil ignition the points open and close twice for every revolution of the crankshaft but on a single there is only one open and close action or electronic trigger per revolution. The only explanation I have ever really come up with as to why the four cylinder setting works is that the rev counter picks up the points opening as one pulse and then while the points are still open picks up a second pulse as the second pole of the magnet magnet moves on past the coil.

It's just a guess - would love to know if it's right, :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Andy

meadowfield

I never really thought about it Andy - also got to admit he I thought the Kawasaki engine was a twin!!

Looking good James, even better with some stickers on :D

Jparkes43

I never really thought about it Andy - also got to admit he I thought the Kawasaki engine was a twin!!

Looking good James, even better with some stickers on :D

Nope no two cylinders mark, yes the stickers will just make it look lovely.

Nice one James, especially the tacho. :handgestures-thumbup: I've never really understood why this works i.e. the four cylinder setting on a single cylinder engine but I think its fair to say that it only works on an engine with magneto ignition.

On a four cylinder engine with conventional coil ignition the points open and close twice for every revolution of the crankshaft but on a single there is only one open and close action or electronic trigger per revolution. The only explanation I have ever really come up with as to why the four cylinder setting works is that the rev counter picks up the points opening as one pulse and then while the points are still open picks up a second pulse as the second pole of the magnet magnet moves on past the coil.

It's just a guess - would love to know if it's right, :confusion-scratchheadblue:

You guess is as good as mine Andy.

Edited by Jparkes43

Jparkes43

Decals happily received from mark (www.restorationdecals.co.uk) very fast dispatch and product has a high quality and looks like original. If anyone was thinking of buying some form mark do it it will really finish of your restoration project.

James

post-12410-0-16122400-1393950203_thumb.j

post-12410-0-50288600-1393950214_thumb.j

• Like 2

Jparkes43

Just a quick update, put the stickers on yesterday but it was getting dark and the photos weren't looking good, so today I've spent quite a long time taking lots of lovely photos for you guys to look at. A very big thank you to mark who made the stickers.

james 

• Like 1

neil

Really smart looking tractor . just in time for spring & to do some work :thumbs:

Cam-c121

Looking rather smart James good job ! You'll get to enjoy some seat time now

Jparkes43

Thanks everyone

James

Jparkes43

not really an update but i got a driving around video coming up 

james

Jparkes43

heres the video. if you don't mind subscribing liking and commenting that would be lovely 

enjoy  (turn your speakers up my talking unfortunately is very quiet)

james