Jparkes43

Hello im James from England

Jparkes43

Hello people form this side of the pond!

i currently have one wheel horse tractor a 227-5 that i got toast summer and I was planning on just doing it up and having fun with it, would like to see your projects and hope to see you in the forums 

James 

• Like 2

neil

Welcome to Redsquare James , good to have the younger members here getting involved .

Hope you are having lots fun with your tractor

there are lots of people from both sides of the pond here to help if you have any questions

i am based in somerset Uk, where are you ?

Jparkes43

Bedfordshire

neil

Ah yes , just noticed that you are from Leighton Buzzard

have a good look round the site James &  we look forward to having you around.

nice looking tractor you have there .

What are you plans to do with it ?

Stormin

'Ow do James. Welcome aboard. :greetings-waveyellow:

wheeledhorseman

Hi James, we've already 'met' in the main forum but it's good to see you here also. I have a 227-5 in my collection and that FC540V is a beast of a 17 hp single cylinder ohv engine with amazing 'grunt'.

It's great to see younger members join up and we look forward to reading and seeing more about what you're doing to the tractor.

Andy

Stigian

Hi James, good to have you aboard :handgestures-thumbup:

Anglo Traction

Hello James, :text-welcomeconfetti: to RS . Plenty here to keep you occupied learning about these Tractors and more. Several Euro guys already here in your age group and contribute regularly. Enjoy !.

C-101plowerpower

welcome to redsquare, nice little tractor you got there :thumbs:

Koen

Edited by C-101plowerpower

AMC RULES

:WRS:

rexman72

welcome james

JC 1965

Hi James,    :WRS:

Wheel-N-It

Hello James, and welcome to Red Square!

meadowfield

I'll say hello again here....

Welcome to the forum, have fun!

Jparkes43

Wow thanks for all the replies, and hello again to those I have already met, yes I can agree that the fc540v is a very powerful engine and the 227-5 is nice to look at, my plans were is to have fun just doing it up and maybe race it.

Sparky

my plans were is to have fun just doing it up and maybe race it.

Sounds like you wont be mowing the lawn then eh?

:WRS:

Mike.............

Jparkes43

It never came with a cutting deck when I bought it so i just thought ok lets do it up

Rick_in_CT

Hi James, welcome to RedSquare. 

You hit the nail on the head, you are going to have FUN!!!!  My tractor provides me with endless fun and relaxation.  I have to pretend that I'm doing work when I'm on it so the rest of the family thinks I'm working, but it is all for fun.  Here is a suggestion, when you are riding around, try not to smile too much, or they will think that you are having too much fun and will look for other chores for you to do.  Don't ask me how I know this, but it is a fact. 

I have a question that you might be able to answer.  My tractor being assembled here in the states does not have any metric nuts and bolts on it.  Was your tractor assembled over there, and if it was, did they convert over to metric hardware in assembly?

Rick

• Like 2

wheeledhorseman

I think I can answer that one for you Rick. 227-5 tractors (I have one) were manufactured at South Bend and are all imperial. Even when tractors were being assembled in Belgium it was from kits sent over and again were all imperial. Given that the pressings etc were all stamped or drilled for metric bolts it wouldn't have been possible to use metric nuts and bolts to assemble them.

Andy

Edited by wheeledhorseman

Jparkes43

Yes I agree about having fun but my 227-5 was made in Indiana and the bots are in mm

wheeledhorseman

Very interesting in that yours is later than mine i.e. badged Toro Wheel Horse while mine is just Wheel Horse. Learn something new every day. Bolts on the engine are metric of course being Kawasaki.

Andy

Edited by wheeledhorseman

Jparkes43

Just brought some gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, volts) a fuel filter and a replacement oil filter from K a N still looking for a suitable tach

Edited by Jparkes43

Rick_in_CT

Andy, thanks for follow-up to my question.  I was curious how far they may have gone with a conversion for export production, and you answered my question.  So I guess you have to own a set of imperial wrenches to work on the horses.  When I work on my tractors I know that I only need to grab the imperial/SAE wrenches, but when I'm going to work on a car, I grab everything because some have a mix of metric and imperial.

Rick

Jparkes43
Fuel filter came and was installed, still got to wait on the gauges to come yet so i can do the oil filter (keep you posted) ((filter is from eBay i know its not a proper tractor one but it does the job))

gwest_ca

This R2-17K502 may have been produced 2 years -

Garry