Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

Wimpy Lights

MaineDad

I think you are right. I'll take another look in Wally World.

The broccoli is fantastic. The pumpkins are huge and mostly all orange now. We get down in the high 30's and low 40's at night now so things are pretty much done. Picked the first pumpkin last night.

dieselhorse

Also watch the custom motorcycle catalogs, they have small round bullet style lights that use those dichroic halogen flood lamps that around about 1-2 inches in diameter. The housings are usualy chrome, round and have the bullet style housing. Easily painted WH red or left chrome. I have seen both WH and a few other brand garden tractors using them for headlights. Flea markets are a good source for older farm tractor sealed beam lamps. Both my massey and my wife's 782d cub use the sealed beam lamps. Both tractors have been upgraded to 35wt halogen floods front and rear. The fronts are on thier own switch, the rear single flood is tied into the front lights, but has its own switch for when its not needed. The rear flood is nice for winter snowplowing in the dark and night field plowing at some of the plowing events we attend. Cheers Mike