smoreau

Project for my 518, KWIK WAY LOADER

sorekiwi

Nice job!

Are the fittings you are using on the hard lines just a compression type fitting?  Or is it a weld on nipple?

shorts

Congratulations on the house

Shorts

Olratlr

Looking Good but now I want one tee hee.

iicap

Great Project, really enjoy following along. As you continue, are you going to put the self leveing components back on? Don't recall you saying yes or no about it.

smoreau

• Well its been some time and I have finally started to work on this project again. No I didn't get the house :sad: All I have to say is i will never try to buy a forcloseure again!! :*****:5 months and they wanted me to pay way more then the house was worth and they draged me through the mud the entire time! I lost about $2000 in the deal and is a very sore spot with me. But it wan't ment to be and thats that.
  • Back to the loader! I removed the loader bucket and started to work on the sub frame. I added a 3 point from a D and made it fit with some fenessing. Looks to work just fine and I added my weight box.
  •  

2ca8b775bbd2c77560664565d870e696.jpg

56936b73abce55a0514adb63366255d8.jpg

97ea208f891af9375d8676d69cd83a84.jpg

39cbd124b2584b3ad6f3f9646219fcbb.jpg

08633aeef0a09691c71544e8f6544089.jpg

It has 16" of lift for the 3 point

Edited by smoreau
  • Like 3

Racinbob

This is the first time I've seen this thread. Awesome job! I'll be following closely.

It's a shame about the house. It sounded great. We went through that a couple years ago. It wasn't a foreclosure but a short sale. 9 months of stupid games but we finally closed on it. Fortunately it was an investment home and not one we wanted to move into so we could be patient.

ericj

i also want a loader and that 3 point looks great also might have to do something like that also. now if i only had a welder and a shop to weld in and i guess it would help if i could weld, it's only been 30 + years since i welded  :laughing-rofl:

eric j

cheesegrader

Love, love, love the 3-point!

Always wanted one, and have only seen one on a 520 (Stevebo?)

Looks like it took a little more than just "finesse" to get it to fit.

I think is is a great idea for the weightbox.

The weightbox on my loader is on one of YOUR 2" receivers!

smoreau

Love, love, love the 3-point!

Always wanted one, and have only seen one on a 520 (Stevebo?)

Looks like it took a little more than just "finesse" to get it to fit.

I think is is a great idea for the weightbox.

The weightbox on my loader is on one of YOUR 2" receivers!

This 3 point will only fit this tractor. It mounts to the back of the loader frame and a 1" block of steel that sits between the seat stand and the axle. It is bolted on and can be removed with 6 1/2" bolts. As i stated in the past, all these items were in the plans 3 years ago when i started the build of this tractor. Next will be the mounting of the pump for the loader. Then followed by the power steering. That should be fun !!!

ericj

did you modify the lift arms of the 3 point to make it work and if you did modify did you lengthen or shorten

eric j

smoreau

did you modify the lift arms of the 3 point to make it work and if you did modify did you lengthen or shorten

eric j

Yes I did. As you can see from the pics the angle iron fram is at a angle, The rock shaft is in the middle insted of the top, and the top link is all the way to the top. I moved the lift point out about 4 inches so it could lift more and the rock shaft has the arms straitened so the links were strait up an down. I will never have a rear pto, so the center lift was just fine with me. I do plan on making all the attachments that will fit this tractor and one will be a axle grabber to pick up eather the front or rear axle on any :wh: so I can move a :deadhorse: to get it to the shop for some much needed repairs. That will be down the road a little. Just want this project done this winter as I have another build I am itching to do that involves a 417 and a certin V blade project :icecream:

Edited by smoreau
  • Like 1

Don1977

That the best looking three point I have seen on a newer Wheel Horse. Great design!

JoeM

Good looking loader project. That 3 point is a sweet touch, especially for using that weight box.

smoreau

Did a little work on the tractor today. I worked on the mount for the pump. That came out very nice.

d05bcbb426166ed937f7e475c28881a5.jpg

4f9dc7f0a25ae0186c13bd813442250e.jpg

9aa2c774f20553dd1eed72d56dd1eb92.jpg

But i was having some issues with mounting it to the sub frame.

74e25a9cd716ea902722f5ff05a2bfd9.jpg

23135aa0bbc39bb5fbb46ecfb1da8df3.jpg

The problem i am having is getting it to clear the tire and the clutch hoop.

b12d69398d2e8170df0dcf3fd7e80e0c.jpg

I have not welded it up solid yet, as i am not sure if i like it yet. Thinking of changing it, not sure yet.

I also got the mount for to control valves welded in.

af5eeef0ed38dec76d3740ef0630f3cd.jpg

Edited by smoreau
  • Like 1

KyBlue

You're doing a fantastic Job as always!!!  Will be following along with the completion of the project ...

What are the specs for the pump that you're using??  I have a FEL Project in the planning stages and the only thing that I really am unsure of is the Hydraulic system/plumbing... trying to learn all that i can in the mean time.. 

:thanks::thumbs:

smoreau

Not sure on the specs of the pump. It came with the loader.

Forest Road

Looking good Scotty!

KYBlue I spoke w Kwik Way some time ago concerning the pump on my 522xi loader. They said its only 6gpm single stage. That's plenty for this application. I was hoping to plumb it for a log splitter. That'd be one slow splitter.

KyBlue

Looking good Scotty!

KYBlue I spoke w Kwik Way some time ago concerning the pump on my 522xi loader. They said its only 6gpm single stage. That's plenty for this application. I was hoping to plumb it for a log splitter. That'd be one slow splitter.

Yeah ... that's my fear, slow.  I dont want it to be so fast that it's jerky and hard to be gentle but I want it fast enough that I'm not sitting there thinking my lord is this thing ever going to lift the bucket ...

smoreau

Been thinking about the power steering the last few days and I think it will be a lot easier to do with all the loader and 3 point off. So i decided that I would put the panels back on and start installing the loader and finish all the plumbing for a test run. Then when all that stuff is off to be blasted and painted, I would work on the install the power steering with a lot more room to work. So I was feeling good this morning and I took a trip to TSC. I picked up some hoses, 2 fittings, oil, replenish my supply of grade 8 bolts and a belt for the pump. Boy there are always out of the belt I need 😡 so i found one that was all rubber coated that will work for now. There selection of stuff is always thin or not in stock. I guess I will have to get the rest of the fitting at the hydraulic shop.

Back home i started to install the new belt, towers, support bars, loader arms and cylinders. Had to take the weight box off as i needed some more room. Boy this thing is going to be long!! [emoji15]

I hope it fits in the shed? I got the pressure line fitted from the pump to the valve and the suction line in place. But the return to tank line was about 5" too long. Another thing to get done latter.

ac2933a773cd19bc7b4d614068ac43e6.jpg

9ba99a99a10bd96aae1c3642bb73ec09.jpg

4f750a83c6ea6cfb0a9603c54f4a1d4b.jpg

Now to finish the dreaded hard lines. Been putting this off too long. The big issue was i started to make the lines with welded stainless line that I already had from a automotive project many years back. Its more then strong enough for this but after talking to a machine builder that uses these lines all the time, the flares will leak at the welds. I really didn't want to completely start over on these lines. But when I was at the hydraulic shop the other day to pick up some hoses and fittings for the 3 point, they told me they know make seals for jic fittings. So i picked up a bunch to see if it works.

f75508e468f9014bf815135111cb3cd1.jpg

Finished up the hard lines

01fc746c6594342939ab62972b007c34.jpg

6fd21e7c90cfc957b3b2d58ee40a29d6.jpg

725d98e05298d626506bee26efdbb63a.jpg

Next will be finish hooking up the valve when I get the new fittings and making some new handles for the control valves.

ee798884eee0d6a13d98ea6e429d5179.jpg

Filling the fluid and hooking up the bucket. [emoji3]

Edited by smoreau
  • Like 2

KyBlue

That looks awesome!

Pardon the pun but how hard is it to do the hard lines??  Looks so much more ... professional using hard lines vs rubber everywhere...

smoreau

I use Earls fittings I get from Summit of Jegs and with the welded stainless I heat the end of the tube and do a double flare on it. On the extruded or non welded stainless tube is too thick. I could only do a single flare and that is industery standard.

Pic of fittings

8d79a57c6d22c75b54b87686f062a45c.jpg

d3d2068205f85beebb92dc49f4075f1b.jpg

93603130a06f281874c5362d2e71ce9b.jpg

pic of hydraulic flaring tool

13ffdd3775ee29b02eda5ed7277bd6f2.jpg

f164c75908d7d8fb7759ff31c642af5d.jpg

This tool has paid for it self many times over!! You would face a hard time just single flaring this stainless line with the old hand flaring kit.

It will make push to connect lines and o ring GM fuel line ends.

Edited by smoreau
  • Like 1

KyBlue

Awesome ... Do I want to know how much that flaring tool set runs?

I'm guessing you heat the tube so it doesnt Split right?

smoreau

Yes that is why I heat it and it makes it flare easyer.  Tool runs around $400-$450

I do plan on using standard Brake line for the power steering lines when I do them. Much easyer to bend and flare. The stainless takes about twice the pressure to flare.

Cutlas3391

Hey what kind of rear tires and size do you have on the tractor. They look good!!!

smoreau

Just go through this link, it was the build of the tractor and explains tire size and how I did it.