Jparkes43

To straight pipe or not to straight pipe

Hello on my kawasaki 227-5 17 hp single cylinder i was thinking about putting a straight through pipe on it and people time and time again were mentioning burnt or warped exhaust valves and i have no idea how bad this is or how common it is so i just want to know if i should or shouldn't straight pipe the engine 

thank you 

James 

see my other thread about tachometer gauges 

Edited by Jparkes43

James, not something I've looked into...

Welcome to red square, come and say hello in the euro section!

Mark

Is this a pulling or racing tractor? If so then go for it. But if you plan on mowing and doing yard chores with it I think you'll find the straight pipe to loud and annoying. Do you have neighbors?

:WRS:

Mike.............

Thank you for the welcome I was planning to take it racing and not really for garden driving, I was going to make the pipe long so it wasn't too loud but I thought it would help power

Thank you for replying

James

With a straight through on a petrol engine you could lose a bit of power. Petrol's need some back pressure.

ok thank you all for the replies, I'm just thinking of putting a cutout in the manifold so it can be quite and then on demand or if i want more power i could use a cut out 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joemckna82
      Hi all,

Looking for an engine for a 1976 A-100.  It's a Briggs # 251707 0161-01 76061512 (I was able to pull parts on Briggs up by using # 251707 0161-99).

And or a running parts tractor. Complete tractor (and or motor alone) must be in good running condition with no charging or fuel related issues. 

I'm a cash buyer, no BS. 

Thank you!

• By giddyap
      This is my first born custom and is still under construction. Only one of the hoods, gutted frame, seat tray and seat are from my recently acquired 551 Suburban. A newer 3 speed transaxle and belt guard will round out the remaining Wheel Horse parts. The front axle is flipped and moved forward 6 inches. Its origin along with the tie rods and steering column comes from a 102 Cub Cadet. Taking 2 steps back for every advance is part of the fun. But now I'm at a loss and overwhelmed at all the V drive pulleys available at Phoenix pulleys. Can anyone suggest what pulley I should use with the 13 hp Predator? Thanks in advance

• By Npostusa
      Hi Just bought my 312 this spring when we moved into a new home with two acres of land.  Love the wheel horse, but I am not even sure if I have to change a oil filter and for that matter where the filter or oil plug would be - any guidance would be appreciated.  Put a little marvel mystery oil in the gas, and just started it up for a few, but want to change the oil for the spring. Any guidance on where to start would be greatly appreciated. 

• By Seacrestbf
      Hello

I have a D 200 and my sons have been cutting the lawn this summer and nerver check th oil and the seized the motor. I freed the motor up and it runs fine until there is a load. I checked the Compression  and I have one dead hole. ;-(   it broke my heart. I have a Mower, tiller, and snow thrower.

Any Advise? Should I buy a motor? Or rebuild or scrap?? I liked the machine. But I dont want to dump a ton of money into it if it is questionable. I am not sure if it is a Kohler or Onan??  Any thoughts

Thank you 

Brian Foley

• By cabin4me
      I have a 79 C-111 that I pulled a running 11hp briggs and stratton engine from and also a front push blade.  I am looking to sale both.  Push blade 200 Engine 100
      I also have the original mowing deck for this mower.  I am looking for a WH pull behind tiller attachment, maybe trade?