Jparkes43

To straight pipe or not to straight pipe

Jparkes43

Hello on my kawasaki 227-5 17 hp single cylinder i was thinking about putting a straight through pipe on it and people time and time again were mentioning burnt or warped exhaust valves and i have no idea how bad this is or how common it is so i just want to know if i should or shouldn't straight pipe the engine 

thank you 

James 

see my other thread about tachometer gauges 

Edited by Jparkes43

meadowfield

James, not something I've looked into...

Welcome to red square, come and say hello in the euro section!

Mark

Sparky

Is this a pulling or racing tractor? If so then go for it. But if you plan on mowing and doing yard chores with it I think you'll find the straight pipe to loud and annoying. Do you have neighbors?

:WRS:

Mike.............

Jparkes43

Thank you for the welcome I was planning to take it racing and not really for garden driving, I was going to make the pipe long so it wasn't too loud but I thought it would help power

Thank you for replying

James

Stormin

With a straight through on a petrol engine you could lose a bit of power. Petrol's need some back pressure.

Jparkes43

ok thank you all for the replies, I'm just thinking of putting a cutout in the manifold so it can be quite and then on demand or if i want more power i could use a cut out 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Tinman1962
      By Tinman1962
      Recently got hold of a 656 it's has a "newer" 61/2 Briggs on it I don't believe that's right any ideas about that
    • Swemill
      By Swemill
      Hi everyone!
      Long time since i was here and my old pics is gone from the forum.
      I just uploaded a movie with pics on youtube, and thought i could share it for you guys.
      I would love to get some comments on my Youtube channel, from you true Wheel Horse fans! 

Thanks and Best Regards  

• 87buickt
      By 87buickt
      Listing for a friend, late 70s I believe D200 deck and plow. Been sitting for a while, make reasonable offer, friend also has tons of literature he may part with, if Interested let me know

• Nathan W
      By Nathan W
      Does this look factory for 1976 

• Little Red Horse
      By Little Red Horse
      Hey all. I have a Electro 12 with a factory belly blade. It runs* and drives. I had used it to grade my driveway the last 6 yrs. Having moved I'm looking at my options on storing it or selling it. Frankly I have no idea what it is worth. I watched "ISaveTractors" video on 5 things to do with a new to you wheel horse/12hp kohler. (When i got it 6yrs ago) And went thru and did the adjustments and replaced the parts mentioned. It has been a good strong tractor for me until around July of this year. (2023)
      *Around July it started dying after running 20-30min. I replaced the carb (Chinese Amazon purchase) with one from isavetractors web site. That seemed to help it idle smoother(the old carbs jets wouldnt adjust), but it still dies at around 20-30min.
      So I've got 2 questions. 
      1. What is it worth? (As-Is) and
      2. What do I need to do to fix it? 
      Thanks yall!