Machria

Snowblower quick install/release possible?

Machria

I have a GT14 with the single stage snow blower.  Mounting and un-mounting it is not too bad, one large bolt across the frame in the front of the tractor and thru the frame of the blower, then a pin into the lift rod lever under the tractor near the lift hydro cylinder, and lastly the belt and power connection at PTO.

Has anyone installed or made or know where to get/how to rig somekind of quick release or something for the front thru bolt?    Instead of having to put the bolt thru the frame and then place on washers and a nut and tightening the nut with a wrench, I wonder if there is some kind of quick pin that can be used?    Something that would just slide thru without the need for a wrench to make this a quicker process?

I use my tractor to move firewood around, and need the blower off to do so (space wise and running it thru the woods).  So I often mount and dismount the blower,  kind of a pita.

Dieselcowboy

I think some of the guys have put a front tach o matic hitch on the front of these. Kinda updates them to accept the attachments quickly.

TT

You might be able use a custom-built long clevis pin / hairpin clip.

Example:

post-33-0-71368500-1390006007.png

......or you could use a rod with a hole at each end for a hairpin clip. :confusion-shrug: