Anglo Traction

UK Supporter numbers

Anglo Traction

Wow, Noticed that Rayp, Stormin and Griff have also turned Red recently :eusa-clap: . Great news for the Euro Section.

It must have really bolstered the percentage of contributors and security of this small section of the Site.    

pmackellow

Dumb question, how do you become a supporter ??

Anglo Traction

Hi Paul,

Hope your not feeling pressured,  but if your interested, just click on the 'Store' Link in the Header line.

There are several options of 'Supporter' duration periods and is settled via Paypal. I certainly feel that a place like this deserves my support  

As an aside, I also reckon that the 'Non WH Tractor' section could be populated more with other types of Garden Machinery Collections and projects.

I know you've got a Shed full of that !.

Regards  

pmackellow

Right,sorted and paid

You are correct with the non WH section I do indeed have a collection of non WH machines, wasn't sure if they were relevant here ??

That was fast, I seem to have turned red... :)

• Like 1

nylyon

You know......

I tried to start another forum for homebuilt projects, that site doesn't look like it's going to continue so......

I know that there are other sites out there, but if you feel that there's an audience for a "RedSquare" of other types tractors, I can convert that site to GTInternational.com or gtshed.com.

• Like 1

pmackellow

Good idea, not just for tractors but other vintage machinery as well, walk behind stuff, tillers etc ??

Anglo Traction

Right, sorted and paid .You are correct with the non WH section I do indeed have a collection of non WH machines, wasn't sure if they were relevant here ??

Well done Paul, good Man. 

You know......    I tried to start another forum for homebuilt projects, that site doesn't look like it's going to continue so......

I know that there are other sites out there, but if you feel that there's an audience for a "RedSquare" of other types tractors, I can convert that site to GTInternational.com or gtshed.com.

Thanks Karl, just wondering if the Euro 'Non Tractor Discussion' section could also accommodate projects and articles of Garden Machinery other than WH Tractors.

Things like Other Euro Brands of Vintage Reel/Cylinder Mowers and other Walk Behinds etc.....anything garden orientated with a Motor.

There are other Forums covering this subject, as you say, but wondering if small sub Forum here could act as a 'One Stop' place for people who have both Wheel Horses and/or general Garden Machinery. It would be good if it could also stimulate intercontinental interest in each other's different types.

Not sure if another whole Stand Alone Forum would be supported enough?.

Maybe just check out the interest first?. I wouldn't want to think the Main subject  (WH) here would be diluted :confusion-shrug: .           

meadowfield

Good call Richard,

Well done paul,

Good idea Karl....

:D

C-101plowerpower

Right, sorted and paid .You are correct with the non WH section I do indeed have a collection of non WH machines, wasn't sure if they were relevant here ??

Well done Paul, good Man. 

You know......    I tried to start another forum for homebuilt projects, that site doesn't look like it's going to continue so......

Thanks Karl, just wondering if the Euro 'Non Tractor Discussion' section could also accommodate projects and articles of Garden Machinery other than WH Tractors.

Things like Other Euro Brands of Vintage Reel/Cylinder Mowers and other Walk Behinds etc.....anything garden orientated with a Motor.

There are other Forums covering this subject, as you say, but wondering if small sub Forum here could act as a 'One Stop' place for people who have both Wheel Horses and/or general Garden Machinery. It would be good if it could also stimulate intercontinental interest in each other's different types.

Not sure if another whole Stand Alone Forum would be supported enough?.

Maybe just check out the interest first?. I wouldn't want to think the Main subject  (WH) here would be diluted :confusion-shrug: .           

like these? 20140117_151221_zps6f8d94a0.jpg

pmackellow

Not sure it needs a stand alone forum, it could all come under the Red Square umbrella just be a seperate section from the red tractors...

Word of mouth and dissatisfaction with other forums could bring results and get some very useful input on here (not that there isn't already)...

neil

Great news Paul that you have become a supporter ,  i dont think  there is many of the Euro guys that isnt a supporter  , great show girls .

I like the idea of combining the Homebuilt site with other Horticultural equipment , im sure it could also incorporate the home built content too

Tom.

Hi all,

First of all I think I will have to check out being a supporter as this forum has been an absolute life saver when it comes to my wheel horses! Even though I don't post often I still use the forum a lot just to have a read or find something out..

Regarding the other forum I think it would be a good idea to turn it into a tractor type forum, maybe not specifically garden tractors, because I do also own non-WH such as walk-behind tractors and larger tractors and it would be nice to have a forum where I could get help and potentially help others!

I'm sure whatever happens with it you will do a great job though!

Tom

neil

welcome back Tom,hope to see you here more often

how is your restoration coming along

Tom.

Hi Neil,

Hopefully I will be appearing more often, I'm sure I will as I now start tearing into the 856. It's coming along, slowly but steadily. Things should pick up soon when I get my sandblasting cabinet built, I'll have to update my thread this weekend sometime!

Just noticed you're now a moderator, congratulations! Glad to see a Euro member with some blue on their name!

Tom

wheeledhorseman

I'm also kind of thinking that a separate website is probably overkill at this stage. My personal thoughts are that another forum in the Euro section covering 'other machinery' would be a good starting point and who knows, if it took off then perhaps there'd be a cry for one in the main forum section.

Whenever I've taken pics of unusual non-WH things I've photographed and included then in the 'shows' section there has been interest from both sides of the pond - not a surprise really in that we're all into mechanical grounds maintenance / horticultural type stuff.

I don't think this would detract in any way from the main RS raison d'etre but would in fact enhance it by expanding the general interest factor.

Just my :twocents-02cents: or should I say 'two penneth' as we say here.

Andy

meadowfield

Agree with Andy.... Let's get the other/horticulture section created, and see if we can get some new members and forward momentum going :)

Anglo Traction

Hi all,  First of all I think I will have to check out being a supporter as this forum has been an absolute life saver when it comes to my wheel horses! Even though I don't post often I still use the forum a lot just to have a read or find something out..

Regarding the other forum I think it would be a good idea to turn it into a tractor type forum, maybe not specifically garden tractors, because I do also own non-WH such as walk-behind tractors and larger tractors and it would be nice to have a forum where I could get help and potentially help others!

I'm sure whatever happens with it you will do a great job though!    Tom

Yep ! , Good to hear from you Tom. Don't feel compelled or pressured to become a Supporter so soon. Clearly the Forum has done it's job and answered your questions etc without the need to ask :handgestures-thumbupleft: and you must be pretty proficient with the search facility :D.

It's probably my fault, but this subject matter has become fragmented over different Thread Titles where I've raised the idea and only lightly reflected on the concept and other Forum's issues and people's concerns . 

Maybe a separate Thread here (Euro) or in the main General Discussion Area , or wherever Admin would consider it beneficial to Post one and see what reaction/ideas come forward from either side of the Atlantic.

Again, the only thing I can see with dedicating a whole International Forum to it, is the amount of continuous support and interest, material contribution and layout it would receive. I wouldn't want to see it falter through lack of interest or content. But it really has the potential to be the best point of reference and record of Universal 20th Century Garden/Horticultural Machinery  :pray: .  

Sparky

It must have really bolstered the percentage of contributors and security of this small section of the Site.    

I dont think that the security of the Euro section was ever in jepoardy...you guys are great!

Of course thanks to you all for your support!

Mike............

pmackellow

Some good thoughts coming out here guys, obviously a topic for debate, as I said earlier another section in this forum would be fine rather than another forum, thats too much complication

Stormin

I would go for another section rather than another forum. As said, simpler to do.

nylyon

Things like Other Euro Brands of Vintage Reel/Cylinder Mowers and other Walk Behinds etc.....anything garden orientated with a Motor.

Well that's an awfully long name "Other Euro Brands of Vintage Reel/Cylinder Mowers and other Walk Behinds etc" maybe we can shorten that a little bit  to "Other Euro Brands" :)

(Maybe it's there now?)

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

Nice one Karl - thank you. :)

Anglo Traction

Aw Shucks Karl !....Yep, you got me there on that one :handgestures-salute: .  I/we are most grateful and really hope it is used to it's maximum.  Thanks :notworthy:

Stigian

Yep, I have to say it's good to see so many "Euro supporters", I think I can speak for all of us when I when I say how much we all appreciate how much goes on behind the scenes (Thanks Mods) and all the help/advice/great friends made we have made on RS.

I think that the fact that becoming a supporter is optional has helped a great deal... Being "forced" to "pay up" is never a good move and will frighten people away as is happening elsewhere on the net!!

The addition of the "Other Euro Brands" section is a great idea.. Thanks for "Making it so" Karl.....  Captain Karl Picard ?  :D

• Like 2

meadowfield

Challenge now is to get some new recruits.