Kelly

Kelly's Rat Tractor

Electro12WH

All it needs is a T bucket body!

Kelly

You know before I painted it, I stuffed another toolbox right up to the back of the one on it, I should have snaped a pic, it didn't look to bad had a mini truck look AKA T bucket.

Sarge

Way too cool -

Sent the link to a few gearhead buddies , that would be a killer pit vehicle at the car shows around here ....

Kevin

poodle

Ok frist off this is a very cool peace of machinery but a have a question and favor I have a 701 I'm restoing to original but I want to add lights and i have to know how and were i get a set up like those preferably the exat same their exatly what i whant I'm an electricain and gear haed so pipe bending and wireing is no problem I hate to be a copy cat but it's a great setup

Kelly

Poodle, those lights are for a bicycle, they are 6V so when I wire them I will have to drop the voltage or find 12V bulbs to fit, the tubing was a pain to find the right size, to keep it proportioned right, I wanted 1/2-9/16 od, and they don't make conduit that size :banghead: driving home from work one day, I thought of ridgid Hyd. lines so I stopped at a local farm tractor dealer and got some,Free to boot, to bend it I filled it with sand so not to crush it and bent it using a block of wood with a 3/4 hole in it, slowly bent it till I got the curve I wanted,cut it to size, them had to make a mate :USA: Then I welded a 3/8 nut to the lower end, and used the holes already in the frame to mount them, on the top of the tube I welded a 3/8 nut on it's side to use as a pivot and mount for the light it's self, I got the lights off Ebay

saguaro

You guys are bad news for my wallet. Too many good ideas. :banghead:

poodle

Kelly I must thank you I only hope that when i try it I have as much luck

KyBlue

Great work thats definatly a good lookin project!

bitten

All I can say is that I try to do to day so I can do better in the future. .....Great looking peice of wheel horse...cant what to see the finish version, I'm sure that it will look great.

P.J. :banghead: :USA:

HorseFixer

I dont know how this one missed me? :drool: Very nice Kelly :drool: :omg:

04fxdwgi

Ok frist off this is a very cool peace of machinery but a have a question and favor I have a 701 I'm restoing to original but I want to add lights and i have to know how and were i get a set up like those preferably the exat same their exatly what i whant I'm an electricain and gear haed so pipe bending and wireing is no problem I hate to be a copy cat but it's a great setup

Poodle,

Try this link to Custom Chrome.... It's all motorcycle stuff, but ALOT of it will work nicely for the custom tractor scene. The selections go on forever in the e-catalog.

http://www.customchrome.com/dcm/cc/index.asp

Bill C.

rwilson

Lookin good. Maybe you and TT should race! I was kinda disapointed when you didnt even put the whitewalls on for at least 1 pic. But it still looks sweet.

bitten

Kelly

Very Cool.

norman

One awesome tractor :thumbs2:

d180man

Hi very nices ! love it you can got to a tractor or car show! :thumbs2:

Kelly

Thanks guys but it's still not done, I wish I had more time to mess with it, I'm hoping over my vac. in a few weeks I can finish it up. I have most of the parts, just need time it's that pesky job I have to go to every day :thumbs2:

rallysman

Poodle, those lights are for a bicycle, they are 6V so when I wire them I will have to drop the voltage or find 12V bulbs to fit, the tubing was a pain to find the right size, to keep it proportioned right, I wanted 1/2-9/16 od, and they don't make conduit that size :thumbs2: driving home from work one day, I thought of ridgid Hyd. lines so I stopped at a local farm tractor dealer and got some,Free to boot, to bend it I filled it with sand so not to crush it and bent it using a block of wood with a 3/4 hole in it, slowly bent it till I got the curve I wanted,cut it to size, them had to make a mate :thumbs: Then I welded a 3/8 nut to the lower end, and used the holes already in the frame to mount them, on the top of the tube I welded a 3/8 nut on it's side to use as a pivot and mount for the light it's self, I got the lights off Ebay

If you wire the lights in series you should be just fine. Parallel wiring will double the load but keep the voltage the same, series wiring will keep the load the same but cut the voltage in half. The only down side to wiring them in series is that if one bulb burns out the other will quit working.

Rogue

:thumbs: WOW!!!!!

:thumbs2:

MikesRJ

Now all it needs are a set of wheelie bars!

Kelly

All it needs is me to finish the stupid thing, I just need to set down and work on it, but other things keep me from it, yes wheelie bars are on the list.

Juggler

Way sweet!

chris11

Kelly That is some very nice work you did there. Great job. It does have that T bucket look. Now whats your next tractor going to look like? :thumbs:

rickv1957

Kelly,your tractor is super neat! :thumbs: Rick

Stress Test Pullin

alot of rat rod horses are coming about these days, excellent work :thumbs:

im hoping mine will turn out half as nice as yours

Horse'n Around

Way Cool , awesome work !!!

John