Theroundhousernr

Finally brought the C-125 auto home

Theroundhousernr

Ok , So the C-125 Auto came home with me on Saturday in the rain. When I first looked at it , I only had a flash light in a shed. Now seeing in the day time I have noticed a few minor blemishes I didn't notice that night. However I still consider this a super tight and clean wheel horse. I am very happy so far

Some things that need some attention are

- flywheel cover is cracked where the coil mounts

- Belt cover had been painted poorly

- tin shroud over head is missing

A few things here and there but overall , well taken care of.

The tractor would not idle to save its life. Turns out the low idle screw was missing the tension spring and would not stay in adjustment. I installed a spring and dialed in the carb and it now runs like a Swiss watch. :greetings-clappingyellow:

The deck is in awesome shape. I am interested to try out the rear discharge deck once the snow melts and grass grows. I never had one. Not much else to do there except sharpen the blades and a new deck wheel in the back. HOLY CRAP, is that deck heavy and made well.  

The snow blower was missing the side extension pieces and the lift flag. I sourced a flag from my local Toro dealer for 30 and the extension pieces off eBay for 20 bucks. I am going to take it out tomorrow and spin it up to make sure there are no funny noises. I cant wait to try out the blower. Now I just need some snow.

I really am thankful for all the great info on here. I had the blower on in no time. Its amazing how tight all the linkage is on this tractor for the lift and controls. :banana-tux:

So here are the pictures. I paid $400. I hope I did good. From your previous responses to my last post, I think I did. :eusa-whistle:

DSCN3617.jpg

DSCN3618.jpg

DSCN3614.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

DSCN3616.jpg

DSCN3619.jpg

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 1

neil

Looks a real nice tractor to me

Great find & thanx for the pics

Theroundhousernr

Once I get it out and washed up, I will try and snap some better ones. It still has years of dust and some bird s*** on it. Should really clean up nice.

Desko

Looks great and the deck looks brand new those RD decks are great if it go the power to it and good blades and the snow blower works great with the right amount of snow. I think you got a good Horse for the price

47JDG

Looks like a nice one.

chazm

NICE FINE !!!!   :greetings-clappingyellow:       Good luck with her  :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

That's a great tractor, and a pretty good deal too.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

bmsgaffer

From these pictures looks like you did great! Minor issues but good runner. :handgestures-thumbupright:

As others have told me, change all fluids and give a good cleaning and you will be happy with it!

Make sure to check the drive belt going to the hydro, mine was literally dry rotting to pieces, but your tractor also looks to be in much better shape than my most recent purchase :sad-bored:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

really nice, maybe the bird stuff helped you be lucky.

Glenn

papaglide

Very nice tractor. You got a very good deal.

Wheel-N-It

$400 Dollars!!! Nawww, you paid way too much for that :ychain: 

Now become a Supporter with all the money you saved on that C125.

Edited by Wheel-N-It

shallowwatersailor

Quite a nice Blackhood you have there. And a very good price!

James Smith

What are the ages of these 125s? I have one andfrom the serial number looks like 1984 mine i not hydro.

23 Reo

Nice tractor, good price! I have a 81, a very solid hydro tractor.

oldlineman

Nice tractor! looks like a great deal, wouldn't mind having a hydro some day, that blade has somehow gotten heaver over the last 30 some years, but I guess I can use the exercise, only thing my right arm is larger than my left. :ychain: Bob