bmsgaffer

C-165 Auto Rust Bucket - An EBay Warning

Road-Track

Remember the C165 with the Kohler K341was the pinnacle of the WH line before Toro and most think the best tractors WH ever made. They are very hard to come by. Is this an 81,82 or 83?

Welcome to the Black Hood Clan!  :wicked:

• Like 1

cotteneyedjoe

Is any of the other mowers you have in the photo's forsale ? i know this is a WH page but as i see there posted i have to ask . :eusa-think:

Wheel Horse Kid

Sorry to hear it has got some issues, but I think it should not take too much to get her all fixed up. Was going to pull the trigger on it myself, but did not due to not having the cash. Overall, I say you made out pretty good on it considering all the stuff you got with it. And you are not the only one who has gotten less than expected (Has happened to me as well)...You always have some degree of a risk involved when buying a 30-40 year old tractor.

bmsgaffer

Is any of the other mowers you have in the photo's forsale ? i know this is a WH page but as i see there posted i have to ask . :eusa-think:

Hes been selling them off one by one, i dont know if he has any up right now.

Sorry to hear it has got some issues, but I think it should not take too much to get her all fixed up. Was going to pull the trigger on it myself, but did not due to not having the cash. Overall, I say you made out pretty good on it considering all the stuff you got with it. And you are not the only one who has gotten less than expected (Has happened to me as well)...You always have some degree of a risk involved when buying a 30-40 year old tractor.

I didn't have the cash either ;)

• Like 1

cheesegrader

Don't feel bad.  All my tractors come with a couple of months worth of electrical misadventures.

Black Hoods are great looking, powerful tractors.

Looks like you are up to this challenge.

Edited by cheesegrader

Trouty56

Looks like a decent tractor to me....you know it is the purchase and rush of winning a bid that gets you....same as buying anything....don't blame the seller...you bought it...really....165 is a great tractor....125 is better.....well to me!!!

bmsgaffer

Looks like a decent tractor to me....you know it is the purchase and rush of winning a bid that gets you....same as buying anything....don't blame the seller...you bought it...really....165 is a great tractor....125 is better.....well to me!!!

Haha. You are right. I have both!

Stigian

Don't feel bad, I've bought far worse for maybe too much at times.. Some were only good for parts but some were put back into use with a little work.

gomer gump

I,ve bought a lot of items on ebay mostly 520 parts and had pretty good luck with it occasionally get a lemon part but not very often . I would say lesson learned put it behind you .buying a tractor blindly without looking at it first generally not good practice . but tractor is old and needs a good home an someone who will rebuild it and take care of it an bring it back to life .your gain that guys loss .seen a lot of abused tractors over the years makes me ill how lazy people can be to let these old American classic,s fall apart wheres their pride, probably ain,t got none .people just wanna take take an abuse an use never wanna give back .America,s turning into home of the greedy and lazy . I hope you will keep the tractor and fix it up right. what,s worse than that is when you go to look at a yard full of w horse parts guy says he,s selling everything and you want to buy something and the idiot won,t sell you nothing gonna keep it after you,ve drove 2 to3 hour,s to look at what he,s saying is for sell. also I made a guy once a hell of a deal traded him 1,000.00 worth of parts and got about 300 $ worth in return then week later called me an said he got cheated tried to con me into more parts so buyer beware good luck with your rebuild l,m sure it will come out nice an you,ll be happy with it usmc vet