thirdjoker

how many have seen this?

thirdjoker

i was browsing ebay ( again) and saw this-- item#251420119310.  it a Lotus indy car and a wheelhorse push tractor. I'm not sure if i'm supposed to post a link so i hope the item # is ok. I just thought someone here might like it.

post-10172-0-54030000-1389561706_thumb.j

Sparky

Posting the item# and a scavenged pic is fine. I've never seen one up close, not even at the WH show.

Wonder if anyone has a pic of the tractor all assembled?

Mike.............

smoreau

I have one, Not put together though. There is a company in Florida that sells just the tractor  Glen has a link to there site.

Digger 66

I was looking around a bit ago for some die-cast , models or any toy  :wh: 's but came up empty ...

I'd like to see it too .

thirdjoker

heres a picture i found

post-10172-0-49124300-1389564964.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Typically, the original Rislone kit sells for nearly the same amount of money.   :scratchead:

Kelly

I have the tractor I assembled a few years ago, and I've had a few of the kits with the tractor in them, they sell in the $25 to 40 range, tractors alone bring about $10 

ol550

Mine is still in the box. :handgestures-thumbup:  Well hidden from the grandkids. :no:

Vinylguy

I would love to try making a tiny decal set for one of those if someone could send me a high res side shot of the hood from a completed model.

and of course the dimensions of the hood. 

GlenPettit

Terry:

A model to measure and examine is in the mail to you, you should have it Wednesday.

They still have them in stock (plus the plow and trailer).  www.seltd.net

Glen

Vinylguy

Hope I don't have to assemble. Lol

Racinbob

I would love to try making a tiny decal set for one of those if someone could send me a high res side shot of the hood from a completed model.

and of course the dimensions of the hood. 

That's a great idea.

I've built a couple of these over the years. They also had this model with Wheel Horse.

post-8408-0-26083100-1389617502_thumb.jp

Vinylguy

I ran a little print cut test to see if I can get a legible print that small.

I think they will work. I can go just a bit smaller if needed.

..gallery_74_452_97808.png

• Like 2

SousaKerry

Should not they be an 876 not a 500 special?

Edited by SousaKerry

Vinylguy

Should not they be an 876 not a 500 special?

I know there were specials and other models used at indy. I just used the 500 special as a test.

If I can make them small enough to work I can make the other model decals work also.

Racinbob

Those decals look great. I'm actually in hot pursuit of another kit with the tractor in it. I don't remember if they had decals in the kit or what they were if they did.

I found this on the internet:

The Wheel Horse 500 Special was special edition tractor to commemorate the Indianapolis 500. Wheel Horse has provided tractors to the Indy 500 as pit tractors for a number of years. The 500 Special was built to celebrate this; they were not actually used at the race.

I'm still looking for info on the actual models they used. Outta time right now cuz I gotta get at my wifely duties....like dinner. Being retired but with the wife still working has it's drawbacks.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

What's that there in the background? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjlOmOZmdwo

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

I know I've seen images of round hoods there too. 

post-3498-0-56022800-1389653086_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-32650900-1389653106_thumb.jp

• Like 1

thirdjoker

:eek: check out the white wall tires

Racinbob

Those are pics I was looking for Craig! (Done with my wifely duties for the evening) Building models is one of my hobbies and now I've got the bug to replicate the tractor in the Indy car kit as closely as possible. What the heck. I can't find a full size Wheel Horse down here to restore. I do remember the whitewalls. Ugly but that's just the way they were. I believe the tires in the kit are plastic and not 'rubber' like they provide for the car. I think the tires on the actual tractors used were solid rubber and not pneumatic. I was telling my wife about my most recent 'bug' and I got the "you'll never grow up" look. Oh well. I didn't get in trouble because I think she liked the dinner I made.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I know  :rs: member/vendor Kelly has at least one set of original  :wh: white wall tires that survive on a tractor in his posession. Maybe shoot him a PM for some better images of them.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

post-3498-0-55700300-1389664745.jpg

post-3498-0-65181800-1389664763_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-41586700-1389664774.jpg

post-3498-0-42003800-1389664784.jpg

• Like 1

Racinbob

Thanks. I did a search and found some close ups he posted a few years ago. Geez! Them things just don't look right on a Wheel Horse but it's a cool part of history for Wheel Horses and the Indy 500. I going to research some more and try to find the years and models used at the track.

AMC RULES

A lot of that research has already been done for you...if you have a copy of this book.   :scratchead:

post-3498-0-65768000-1389665684_thumb.jp

Edited by AMC RULES

Uncle Buck

Those whitewalls are too cool, I love them. I would love to have a set!