AMC RULES

Tecumseh Issues?

dbartlett1958

New carb should be here Friday , will let ya know how it works out ...   :pray:

Any update on this Chaz?

formariz

I would say that most of the problems with the techy carb and cleaning it and still not running right is the fact that you can not get to the place the carb clogs up

just taking it apart and soaking it will not clean the low speed passage which is the place 90% of them clog up you have to remove a brass plug from the carb body to gain access there is a small metal rod  in this passage also.with the bass plug removed you can get the metal rod out and use a pipe cleaner and spray carb cleaner on the passage way to clean it

a fast check to tell if you have a clogged low speed passage is with the carb off the tractor remove the jets, bowl ,float, needle hold the carb body next you your ear and shake it up and down you should hear a clink of the small metal rod moving back and forth in it's passage way if it does not the passage way is clogged up

Brian

I can only see an aluminum plug on the outside. Next to Idle mixture screw. Is that the plug? Can it be removed without damage?

Wayne

these carbs are down as low as $16 now, glad to hear they work, I will need to order one soon.

AMC RULES

Just make sure they originate from a US seller before you commit to your purchase. 

• Like 2

Geno

He'll still get it in a month or so.  :teasing-neener:

chazm

Any update on this Chaz?

Hey guys I did get the new carb & it worked out real good after making some mods to it, but once on, it fire right up & now the old HH100 actually idles without the choke on... :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 2

km3h

That's great. I have great luck with these carburetors. They work first time, every time.  

• Like 2

oldredrider

So, what were the mods you had to do?

chazm

Had to mod the throttle arm. If you order one, look closely at the arm to be sure its the same as on your carb  :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 2

oldredrider

So exactly where did you find this carb? I've looked and can't find one close to what I need. It is for a '68 Raider 9 with the HH100.

chazm

Got it off fleebay...  Carburetor for Tecumseh 640260A 640260B HM80 HM90 HM100

$_12.JPG

• Like 1

km3h

Same one I bought. They come with a straight fuel tub or a 90 degree tube depending on you application. That top tub is for the crankcase ventilator.

Wayne

ordered one of these yesterday from outdoor concepts... $18 and change, free shipping  company out of Indiana

• Like 1