AMC RULES

Tecumseh Issues?

AMC RULES

Everyone is aware of the bad rap Techys fuel delivery systems have...

so, just wanted to give everybody a heads up to the brand new, $27 (gotta be)off shore manufactured carbs now being offered on Ebay. I took a chance, popped for one and I gotta say how great my little HH-60 is running now. These carbs are well made, and fully adjustable too, but no need, that thing purred like a kitten straight out of the box. Plus, they got them priced so cheap now...it's not even worth messing around rebuilding, then tuning one anymore. Seems there may be no excuse for a poorly running Techy with carb issues anymore.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

post-3498-0-78247400-1389477961_thumb.jp

• Like 9

wheeledhorseman

Good to know, thanks for sharing Craig.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks for the info ....

• Like 1

chazm

:text-datsphatyo::text-goodpost:    I'll have to see if they have them for my HH100

Chasm  :flags-waveusa:

• Like 1

Kelly

Craig have a item #   ???

• Like 1

SousaKerry

I bought one of those about a year ago. No problems so far but I did have to file the intake end flat to get the air filter to seal properly. I know its not critical but I'm anal about seals and filtration.

Lane Ranger

Craig:  I bought one when I first saw them advertised as they were half the price of the Tecumseh carb and I needed one.   I have had no issues with it running well in two years!  They are made well.

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

I see some listed on Ebay as being sold directly coming out of China, selling for $26 now.

Looks like the same carb I bought was sold by outdoorpowerdeals.com, I think I paid $28 and change, free shipping. 

The company is located in Kansas, United States, in the box contained a flyer stating...

100% satisfaction guaranteed, money back if not satisfied for any reason, worth the couple extra bucks to me. 

If you go to their sellers page, they have listed a bunch for other engines too, nicely priced as well. :handgestures-thumbsup:  

• Like 5

Coadster32

thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Sparky

Probably the best way to go. I have seen countless posts here about guys rebuilding their old techumseh carb and having it still not run right after its re-installed.

Mike..........

• Like 2

AMC RULES

It is discouraging Mike...putting off the process because it's such the PITA, and having your tractor down the whole time. Then to get kicked in the   :angry-argument:  when you reinstall it and it's still leaking.  :scared-eek: 

Plug and play, is the way to go.   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

buckrancher

I would say that most of the problems with the techy carb and cleaning it and still not running right is the fact that you can not get to the place the carb clogs up

just taking it apart and soaking it will not clean the low speed passage which is the place 90% of them clog up you have to remove a brass plug from the carb body to gain access there is a small metal rod  in this passage also.with the bass plug removed you can get the metal rod out and use a pipe cleaner and spray carb cleaner on the passage way to clean it

a fast check to tell if you have a clogged low speed passage is with the carb off the tractor remove the jets, bowl ,float, needle hold the carb body next you your ear and shake it up and down you should hear a clink of the small metal rod moving back and forth in it's passage way if it does not the passage way is clogged up

Brian

• Like 7

Anglo Traction

Good to know there is an alternative out there, but for me, I'll stick it out with the ole Series 1 Carb and hang on to the NOS spare parts for it.

The refreshed '72' H60 it's bolted to still starts on the 2nd pull and doesn't miss a beat........... That's on a  Walk behind Tiller by the way :hide: .....so don't ask for a Pic of it when I found it.   

chazm

Bringing this subject back up ... :eusa-think:    Has anybody seen one of these carbs for a HH100 ???  I've seen them on fleebay for HM100 , nothing for HH100 except OEM. They look like they will bolt up, just not sure on performance  :dunno:

oldredrider

I got one for the HM100 on a Coleman Powermate generator. It works great, just like the ones for the smaller Techys.

Pretty sure you are correct about it bolting right up. It's worth a shot.

squonk

If your going to get a carb, get it from the US instead of one direct from China. Even if it costs more. Otherwise you may be in for a long wait.  :angry-tappingfoot:  :confusion-waiting: 

• Like 1

dbartlett1958

Bringing this subject back up ... :eusa-think:    Has anybody seen one of these carbs for a HH100 ???  I've seen them on fleebay for HM100 , nothing for HH100 except OEM. They look like they will bolt up, just not sure on performance  :dunno:

Chas,

If you do go for one of these for your HH100, let me know how it works as my brother in law has a HH100 with a worn out carb(throttle shaft) and this would be an easy fix for him.

chazm

New carb should be here Friday , will let ya know how it works out ...   :pray:

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

I see some listed on Ebay as being sold directly coming out of China, selling for $26 now.

Looks like the same carb I bought was sold by outdoorpowerdeals.com, I think I paid $28 and change, free shipping. 

The company is located in Kansas, United States, in the box contained a flyer stating...

100% satisfaction guaranteed, money back if not satisfied for any reason, worth the couple extra bucks to me. 

If you go to their sellers page, they have listed a bunch for other engines too, nicely priced as well. :handgestures-thumbsup:  

Craig I just did the same thing but mine was only $18.00 with sipping. it is on the  commando 6 I just pick up to fool around with. It has no spark so I will have to change out the coil. GREAT POST U STARTED. Gary   B...

Retired Wrencher

Everyone is aware of the bad rap Techys fuel delivery systems have...

so, just wanted to give everybody a heads up to the brand new, $27 (gotta be)off shore manufactured carbs now being offered on Ebay. I took a chance, popped for one and I gotta say how great my little HH-60 is running now. These carbs are well made, and fully adjustable too, but no need, that thing purred like a kitten straight out of the box. Plus, they got them priced so cheap now...it's not even worth messing around rebuilding, then tuning one anymore. Seems there may be no excuse for a poorly running Techy with carb issues anymore.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Buy the way Craig what model is that on or year looks very nice. I am heavy into these little teckys now cool little engines. I pick them up at shows for $10.00 now 3 to 4hp. nice little light engines. I am looking a dial gauge for timing have u ever used one of these??? Gary B..

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Pictured is the HH-60 Tecumseh Gary...from my 653.

I've read about that dial gauge, but to date, haven't seen one. 

Retired Wrencher

Pictured is the HH-60 Tecumseh Gary...from my 653.

I've read about that dial gauge, but to date, haven't seen one. 

very nice 653 Craig. There I think 2or3 on u no where begins with an E. I would like to try this for tune ups. And there not much $$$ I have all the manuals for them now so it should be fun. take care Gary   B...

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Thank you Gary...

I see them now.    :thanks:

km3h

I put one on my Generator with the HH100 engine. Started the first pull. I run it once a moth to make sure everything is good. It still fires on the first pull every time. I paid $22.00 on EBay. Shipped from China. 

Geno

Thanks for the info AMC.   :text-+1: