thirdjoker

wheel horse cart

thirdjoker

hey all,

I stumbled across this cart about 3 hours from me. can anyone tell about what year it is? He's asking a little more than i want but i don't see these at all. What would a good starting price be?

post-10172-0-16100800-1389322300.jpg

post-10172-0-28018700-1389322313.jpg

wheeledhorseman

Looks like a nice example to me. I've been trying to research and date a couple of carts I'm restoring at present but there doesn't seem to be a lot of definitive information about. Based on the decals I'd say that the cart in the photo is from the early to mid 70s period. before this period the carts had the Wheel Horse on silver foil decal and no warning sticker. The fact that it has a red warning decal indicates probably not later than 1978 as they went over to a black one with silver printing at that time. I'm no expert though but no one has chipped in to correct me on the resto thread I'm running.

I can't say what value to place on a cart in good condition like this in the US as I'm in the UK but if it's as good as it looks in the photo and they aren't exactly common in your area and you want one then ask yourself - what's it worth to me. There will always be some who'll say you paid to much and others who'll say you did well when buying any WH stuff - well that's what I've found. If one like that had come up near me I'd have snapped it up and wouldn't now be refurbishing a wreck.

Hope this is helpful to you in some way.

Andy

Edited by wheeledhorseman

Jake Kuhn

looks like a nice mid 70's bathtub cart. I would say in that condition it is probably worth 100-150 maybe even more to the right guy. Looks likes its in really nice shape!

MalMac

Those carts prices are all over the place, I have seen them go as high as 250 for one in the shape that one is in, Mine is not quite as good as the one you are looking at and I paid 15.00  for mine so it's like said what's it worth to you.

Lane Ranger

I saw one for $150 that was a rust bucket the first time I went to Portland, Indiana swap meet.   I could not believe the guy was serious on selling it.   This is up tp $250 or more in the condition you are showing and maybe more if you just have to have it!    You won't regret having one!

You know Wheel Horse dealers use to give them away with a tractor during the mid-1970's as an incentive for you to buy a new one!

Edited by Lane Ranger

thirdjoker

he's asking $200 . Everything is just difficult to find around here. I dont need one but if some one was interested i will forward the information.

• Like 1

rmaynard

In good condition they are hard to find. I paid $90 for one that was not rusted, but the tub looks like it had concrete harden in it, and it was beat out with a large ball-peen hammer. On the other hand, at a recent show, there were two of them, good shape but completely surface rusted for $200.00 each. If you are serious about owning it, take the $200.00 with you, but offer less. Who knows, he might just be willing to dicker when he sees green.

You might point out that it is missing the knob on the dump lever.

Edited by rmaynard

AMC RULES

You can't buy the equivalent, brand new, metal or plastic version for that price...   :scared-eek: 

and the :wh: version isn't being reproduced, so you decide, what it's worth to you?  

Edited by AMC RULES

thirdjoker

i'm headed out in the morning to get it. I just cant pass it up. I know if I let it go I'll regret it. I don't know if i'll get a chance like this again.Stay tuned!!!! . thanks, all of you who offered your opinion.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I really enjoy mine...  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

I seriously doubt you'll regret adding a   :wh: tub cart to your collection.

post-3498-0-14318700-1389396132_thumb.jp

Edited by AMC RULES

thirdjoker

that's a pretty neat little set up there ( AMC rules )  I already get a lot of comments from my neighbors - as they have never seen such a little tractor before... HA HA

• Like 1

KC9KAS

i'm headed out in the morning to get it. I just cant pass it up. I know if I let it go I'll regret it. I don't know if i'll get a chance like this again.Stay tuned!!!! . thanks, all of you who offered your opinion.

I am happy for you, and you won't regret buying it.

Olratlr

Just buy it tee hee.

rexman72

very nice cart

WheelHorse79

I bought the same type of cart from a collector up in PA a couple weeks ago. The gentleman's name was Bill , but I can't remember his last name.  He is very active in the WH community. It is in very good condition like that one, and I paid $125.

Edited by WheelHorse79