RJMcEachern

518-H snow thrower compatibility

RJMcEachern

Hello,

I am new to the forum, but not new to Wheel Horse. I have owned this since 2002, bought it with a dozer blade, wheel weights and tire chains. I am about to pull the trigger on a wheel horse snow thrower 0642ST06, just making sure this will bolt up to the 518-H. The seller says he has all the parts to attach it to the tractor, it looks to be immaculate and rarely used.

Will this bolt up to my 518-H with no fitment issues? From my research it appears to "plug and play", but I am by no means any kind of expert.

Thanks,

RJMcEachern

Edited by RJMcEachern

TT

:WRS:

Plug & play all the way! :handgestures-thumbup:

Hopefully the lift rod (a.k.a. "flag") has the lift assist spring provision too.

Not a necessity on manual lift tractors, but your left arm will thank you.

RJMcEachern

Thanks!

Yea after my research, I believe I need to make sure he has the flag, spring and lift rod?

RJMcEachern

TT

........ I believe I need to make sure he has the flag, spring and lift rod?

You are exactly correct.  :thumbs2:

RJMcEachern

Awesome! You folks here rock! If he has the necessary parts I am buying it tonight. If he doesn't I might buy it anyway and ebay the missing parts.

RJMcEachern

TT

I did a post a while ago with the pictures and dimensions of the standard flag and lift tube:

If you don't get the pieces and have the ability to make them (or have them made by a local shop) it might save you some $. :confusion-shrug:

RJMcEachern

I should be able to make them myself, I have a 90 300ZX TT 5spd, 91 300ZX NA, Corvette, etc that I have had to weld, fab, drill, re-tap, you name it, just need the dimensions. This is all hopefully for naught(sp), but I have learned over the course of time and experience that the old boy scout motto is soooo true...

Be Prepared!

RJMcEachern

• Like 1

wingrider

Welcome to Red Square from another fan from Illinois. I live about 55 miles north of you in Iroquois County.

You won't be sorry you found the BEST PLACE EVER for Wheel Horse support.

Wingrider

RJMcEachern

Wow thanks wingrider!

I get up there now and then, mainly to Hoopeston, usually on a bike run...

RJMcEachern

wingrider

I know a guy in Westville that sells WH parts on ebay that I've been trying to get to some Saturday and check out his operation, maybe we could

meet up there. If interested send me a PM.

Later  Wingrider

RJMcEachern

I know him, I spoke to him yesterday. I am going to go buy an Eaton 1100 from him, his name is Stan. He lives in the south end of town, I live east of town in the country.

We certainly could meet up there some saturday if you like. It needs to be before March though, autocross season starts in March and I am putting in new injectors, headers and exhaust for this upcoming season   :auto-rally:  then just need to go the dyno and tune it   :)

RJMcEachern

jackhammer

Have fun here,, lots of info

jackhammer

w'ville il