meadowfield

UK dealer list

meadowfield

I thought I'd maybe talked about this before, but Andy has got me wanting to pull together all the Original Wheel Horse dealers and corresponding stickers/badges/letterheads.

I thought this would be a good place to start and post them - I can then add them to my site, and the stickers to my collection. 

Here's one from down your way on Simons GT14

B.H. White & Son

Agricultural Merchants

Cannington

Bridgwater

post-1035-0-50596600-1372080052_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Charlie Smith

I shall get a picture of the decal/sticker ASAP, but a dealer that's still going is Hugh Page. That's where my uncles C-121 came from, his tractor still has the dealer decal on it, they used to have a branch in Burgesshill West Sussex and Heathfield, Now only the Heathfield Store is open,

Station Road

Heathfield

East Sussex

TN21 8DH

http://www.hughpage.co.uk/lawn-mower-home.html

• Like 2

goldhorse

Same as this one on a B100post-8759-0-32286700-1389175435.jpg

• Like 2

goldhorse

On C101 and more local, but I think no longer trading

post-8759-0-43663200-1389175679.jpg

• Like 2

Charlie Smith

Goldhorse that's a slightly newer decal. I actually believe they still use that one, my friends dad had his hayter rideon mower serviced there, that's the same sticker they put on it last year, maybe that's a service sticker from them?

goldhorse

Could be, I know nothing of this one's history, I bought it locally of a chap who got it for spares off the net, it obviously hadn't been serviced for years, fuel tank was full of feathers!

Charlie Smith

Hmmmm interesting.... And well that's different, a fuel tank full of feathers! Was the cap off the tank? Or on aha

meadowfield

fab, loving these so far - might tap a few of you up for straight on pics and measurements...

Anglo Traction

Well, I don't know if they ever produced a Dealer Decal and sold the early Horses , but this lot of Garden Machinery Nuts have been around in one form or another since '64'. 

They are now purveyors of Toro bits and supply me when I pester them for ancient WH Bits I may need. 

Many of you will know of one of our number here (hasn't been on lately)....It is of course Simon Smith with the 'Dual Drive'...and you'll find him here- 

http://dwayliffe-gardenequipment.co.uk/#

wheeledhorseman

Spoke too soon re the 'Multipower' decal and realise now that I should have photographed it 3+ years ago when I got the tractor as one of these decals was still in perfect condition then.  Oh well, a bit of photoshopping required  on this now I guess. :hide:

post-4509-0-43901400-1389207938_thumb.jp

It's basically one of those transparent decals with the printing under the transparent vinyl. The centre section has shrunk with heat from the exhaust I guess but based on the two end sections not having moved the original length of the blue part left to right was 2 3/4". Taking shrinkage of the centre section into account the diameter of the blue circle top to bottom was originally 2".

Got to love these decals in terms of the old school tel numbers. Multipower must have had a large run of these produced in the 60s, min order perhaps, but were still using them on equipment in 1988!

At first sight they weren't the only ones  using old stock decals in the late 80s and here's the decal from my 210-4 'Celebrity Horse'

post-4509-0-76106200-1389208582_thumb.jp

The width of this one is 3 9/16" or about 91mm. Another charming old school telephone number but here's the twist. They did have dealer decals made with the STD dialing code on them, there was one on my 1975 C120 auto so I guess they ran out of these during 1988 and were forced to use some of the old stock ones. Anal bit of decal there history sorry! :hide:

Tried photographing it but the legend has gone as far as the camera is concerned but the human eye can see the trace it left behind quite clearly.

post-4509-0-54928500-1389209202_thumb.jp

When I get time I'll have a go at reproducing the original as an image.

Andy

• Like 1

meadowfield

Great stuff Andy,

I'm going to be busy drawing these up for anyone wanting to add a bit of authenticity to a restore :)

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

I think you can guess that you've got one customer already as I'll be needing a multipower one for the larger cart, a replacement D J Scott for the 210 who watches patiently everything I do in the workshop saying 'What about me?"

post-4509-0-07731500-1389211502_thumb.jp

Actually a new ignition module arrived back in November but I haven't told him. I'll draw out the other D J Scott one when I get time as I'll need one for the C-120 and the A-800.

There, you've sold four already :) 

Andy

Charlie Smith

Andy you might not know it but your a life saver that first one from effingham surrey is the same decal mine has on both sides of the hood! Wow I've been trying to find that sticker for ages! Looks like I horses may have been in the same location at some point,post-9595-0-54374800-1389212310_thumb.jp

Edited by Charlie Smith

Anglo Traction

Look's like Surrey so far is well populated with WH Sales/Service outlets . 

I may have one more to add, once I get an E-mail reply from them.  Reason I'm holding back is that the (good) Decal is on a late 60's Attachment and I'm 90% sure they shifted a few Wheel Horses in their time. Just want confirmation. (they were Established in 1921).

Meanwhile-  :eusa-shifty:  on the Decal subject

I have the Standard UK seat fitted to many WHs over here on both my Tractors. I've seen several faded worn examples at Shows. So I was wondering if enough interest  would make it worth reproduction. They are on Chrome which may not be that easy. These are good and only need new adhesive to re use, but happy to sacrifice if they can be cloned.

DSC00788.jpg  

They are actually still in business, but under the brand name of Kab, Seat style has changed little.

meadowfield

Kab seats are what we have been buying from Ernest Doe :)

Not done any foil orders for a year now, but happy to put it on file and run a print if there's enough interest...

wheeledhorseman

Andy you might not know it but your a life saver that first one from effingham surrey is the same decal mine has on both sides of the hood! Wow I've been trying to find that sticker for ages! Looks like I horses may have been in the same location at some point,attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I picked my 227-5 up from a guy who'd owned it since new and lived in Epsom. I think Multipower had that general area pretty much sewn up. Big houses and people with money who worked in the city. They also managed to sell punters equipment that they didn't really need and the tractor came with a roller in unused condition, a WH powered grass collector that looked as though it might have been used once or twice and a tipping box trailer also near mint condition - and the guy had owned these for 20 years! My 10 cu ft WH dump cart also came from that area and has their badge on it.

I'm not surprised that your tractor has one on each cheek of the hood in that it's the same with the 227 so I guess it was their policy over a long period. Trailers just got one though - both the dump cart and the orange box trailer I got with the 227 have one on the front panel. For some reason they did not appear to put them on rollers or grass collectors.

I did some research on Mulitpower Equipment when I first got the 227 and discovered they went bust.in 1995. I guess times were changing  Certainly, in Winchester near me, it was a period of large old houses with big gardens being sold to developers who put several smaller (but still up market) dwellings on the plot. People wanted new properties without large gardens.

Glad its going to be useful to you Charlie - and that makes three sales of that decal in a day Mark! :)  :)  :)

wheeledhorseman

Here's another UK dealer

post-4509-0-02757700-1393234926_thumb.jp

I'd forgotten about this one - it was on my first D-200. The dealer appears to still be in business though at a different Ingatestone address.

Andy

• Like 1

meadowfield

I'm loving that!!!!

my house is called Old Forge Cottage :D  that would suit me to a tee!  I wonder if they are still in business - it's actually only a few miles up the road from where I work...

Stigian

This came from a very rusty C-121..

P2180802_zpscdd2b9ae.jpg

They are still going strong and are still using the same style logo thingy, just with a few words changed.

http://stuartjdaws.co.uk/

• Like 1

meadowfield

I recognise the hoodstand, where did this spend all it's life?

in the sea???   :ychain:

Stigian

Not the sea, but the poor C-121 did spend at least 8 years standing and sinking into an orchard!

• Like 1

Dual Drive Horse

Unfortunately we were Toro dealers, and not WheelHorse dealers until Toro took them over, so if you come across an old one with D W Ayliffe on it then we only serviced it or maybe sold it secondhand.

neil

Here is a dealer label that was installed on my Raider 10 also withe the Bostom seat

The waterslide decals were applied to to hood & the seat fenderspost-2119-0-65360600-1414479296_thumb.jppost-2119-0-86053100-1414479322_thumb.jppost-2119-0-56488100-1414479344_thumb.jppost-2119-0-29371600-1414479372_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Phyliss

Good evening all,

I just about managed to get a semi decent photo today of the badge that was attached to my RJ58/59. It is for Garden Machinery Ltd of Bath Road, Slough in Bucks. Sorry if it hasn't come out to well; trying to catch the light just right on a faint badge was a tad difficult.

post-14981-0-63535900-1429205530_thumb.j

• Like 1

meadowfield

Thanks

That's an early GD mountfield label I believe...