D200 restoration

diggerjames

Thanks desko , I'm wondering now what tyres ( tires ) to get any advice welcome

meadowfield

Looking good James!

diggerjames

Cheers mark can't wait until it gets stickers on getting ready for newby hall

diggerjames

Just another pic off topic but this the wagon I've also done up for the shows etc excuse the john Deere on the pic

post-12304-0-39095600-1396110574.jpg

post-12304-0-32450100-1396110640.jpg

Jparkes43

Really coming along and I love it

Desko

Thanks desko , I'm wondering now what tyres ( tires ) to get any advice welcome

I'd go with ags if you are going to work it and maby some tri ribs on the front to help with steering IMHO

diggerjames

No it's just really going to be a show piece really don't want to spoil it once it's done , I'm going with agris I think !

diggerjames

Thanks james I'm enjoying your thread good work mate !

James

Hi all I'm needing filters for my d200 engine oil transmission and air filter any body got any info were I can get some thanks James

wheeledhorseman

James the transmission filter is a WH part you can still get from Toro dealers. Guys in the US are lucky in that there are aftermarket ones available there as well as OEM. I've used Toro parts here in that I don't trust anywhere to give me a filter that meets the spec for a hydrostatic transmission. Just because a filter will fit, same size & thread, doesn't mean it's fine enough inside for hydros.

Kohler OEM filters are available here in the uk and I've stuck to going for OEM there as well. They're pricey but you don't change them that often particularly if the tractors not going to be a worker. It's very important to provide the full spec of the engine though as different applications for this engine used different air filter arrangements. Fortunately the WH style air filter isn't the most expensive. I think I kept the packet from the last one I fitted with the correct part number on it - I'll check. It contained both the main filter and the foam one that goes round it.

I used an online outfit for my last order, goods arrived next day. I'll check who they were tomorrow as well as the paperwork is out at my barn.

Hope this helps

Andy

diggerjames

Hi Andy that would be great mate , I'm making good progress at the moment with the d200 keep looking at yours for pointers etc shouldn't be long nip until I can drive her again , I've gave ( dibnah ) my fuel tank to mend as it has gone pourus etc didn't notice until I started glossing it . I've got the decals from mark and they look great ! Just need to source some new tyres next , cheers james

diggerjames

Thanks gulftane

James

fabricator2009

Doing a great job. Going to be a keeper.

wheeledhorseman

Here are the part numbers James:

Transmission oil filter: TORO part number 102819

Engine oil filter  KOHLER part number 277233-S

Air filter KOHLER part number 45 883 02-S1  (there is a space between 45 and 883, also 883 and 02-S1

Double checked on the Toro site and the Kohler site and it came back to me why I kept the air filter packaging from the last one I got.

There is an error on the Kohler lists for the K532 engine spec 53105 (wheel horse) which ended up with me getting the wrong filter.

By all means shop around but I think you'll find these OEM parts are about the same wherever you go. I tried these guys for the first time a week or so ago. http://www.buyamower.co.uk/Choose-Parts/StartSearch.aspx (link should take you direct to the parts page) and was pleasantly surprised. Their site is the first I've come across in the UK where you can look up parts diagrams to identify parts, order online, and see immediately if the item is in stock. Par for the course in the US but not so common here. It's a one stop shop for Toro and Kohler consumables also other makes and they appear to get the order to you quickly.

Hope this is helpful. :)

Andy

diggerjames

Thanks Andy that's a great help I'm ordering new tyres all been well this week and gonna sort filters . Il try them thanks

James

rtfbg

James .. I have a D200 favor to ask, if you have not gotten past this point ... can you measure your steering shaft, from the top of the Ross box to the end of the shaft??  I really can't afford to buy a complete used assembly, so I need a shaft length to build from.

Thanks!!!

bob

diggerjames

Hi bob I can try and measure it tomorrow what sizes are you wanting bud

Cheers James

diggerjames

More pictures coming soon folks

meadowfield

have you found somewhere that does 27x8.50 x 15 ag's

I really struggled and ended up with these on my GT

IMG-20120507-00648.jpg

8 ply bobcat tyres :D

• Like 1

diggerjames

Hi mark I'm sure mine are 26 x12x12 British rubber do them £ 81 .00 each plus vat cheers

James

meadowfield

D series rims are 15 inch aren't they?

I've 26x12x12 on my C-101

HorseFixer

James,  your doing a swell Job there Mate! :thumbs:  Keep up the Good work will be a beauty when your done. :)

~Duke :wh:

meadowfield

D series rims are 15 inch aren't they?

I've 26x12x12 on my C-101

apparently they did both :D  learnt something new there...

wheeledhorseman

Two different rims were used on the D-200 series, early ones had narrower rims that could be put on to the hub either way round to produce a wide or narrow track width. Later rims were wider with the loss of that feature. I'll check the tyre sizes on mine today as I have one tractor with each type.

Andy

meadowfield

armed with my special powers of deduction   :eusa-whistle:  you have both flavors Andy, I guess I should pay more attention  :D

Edited by meadowfield