diggerjames

D200 restoration

Stigian

I don't know how I have missed this!!  Sorry James :hide:   

A fantastic job mate, the 3 point is looking good :handgestures-thumbup:

diggerjames

Cheers Ian I've used a lot of yours and meadowfields plans to build this couldn't of done it with out your videos!

Cheers James

• Like 1

diggerjames

Hi all progress has been a little slow but I've had a push today on the linkage which is a work in progress might have to change things as I get using it but I've never done one before so it's trial and error . I've been fabricating the top link bracket plate

post-12304-0-82918000-1401296324.jpg

post-12304-0-90254900-1401296337.jpg

rtfbg

DJ ... really like to looks of those TIRES, (spelled correctly!!  lol)  

diggerjames

It spelled tyres mate Lol

rtfbg

Hey .. we won the war!!  It's TIRES!!!  lol

rtfbg

Just remember, MATE ... if it wasn't for us, you would be spelling it REIFEN !!!!

• Like 1

rtfbg

Hey, just saw this posted on ebay, maybe the pic will give you some ideas??!!

post-12710-0-11680400-1401302051_thumb.j

Edited by gulftane

rtfbg

Here's another idea for your center link ... a little choppin and weldin and this could work!!

post-12710-0-25285800-1401302320.jpg

diggerjames

Cheers mate good idea

rtfbg

Hey DJ ... where your hitch is going in the frame brace (don't know a better name)  the brace has two sides about an inch apart.  Is yours going to float in that space on a bolt, or are you using bushings to fill it???   I am making a winch bracket to go in the same place ... haven't figured it out yet!!!

Olratlr

Good Luck with the D200 James make it pretty ha.

the_nite_owl

It spelled tyres mate Lol

Oh, do'nt listen to him.  Spell it the way you want.  The U.S.A. is the one responsible for adding the word axed to the dictionary as slang for asked so I do not think we qualify to be a source of criticism over language.  Tires and Tyres is pronounced the same way so no big deal.  It is when the pronunciation changes that throws me.  I just cannot get used to aluminum (aluminium).  I like your pronounciation but just feel too silly saying it so...   :)

Nice work on your resto.  I have a D160 I am doing a partial restoration on.  Any chance you could take a snapshot of where your starter relay is mounted?  Mine appears to be in the correct spot but the brake linkage comes into contact with it shorting out the battery.

the_nite_owl

I do not need a picture of the mounting location for the starter relay after all.  The relay had been replaced with an aftermarket relay and did not fit correctly.

I swapped it out with an NOS one I found and that cleared up the problem.

I ended up moving the mounting holes for it back an inch though to give me clearance for a rod going to a foot pedal I am putting in for forward/reverse control.  I hope to get that wrapped up today and finish working on the loader so I can put this all back together.

muz123

looks fun

3WHDave

This is a new response to an old post...

I’m restoring a D180 and like many, my oil temp gauge has a broken needle.  The plastic was not UV stable and deteriorated to the point of near-powder.  I see many posts on oil pressure, but not on temp gauges.  I did disassemble the old gauge and it appears to be fine (removing bezel is a pain, slow going expanding crimp).  Is there an. OEM, or near OEM source?  Again, all suggestions are appreciated.  PS: engine reasonably going well, may fire it up with temp gas tank, mine is out for paint sand blasting. Last resort: 3D print a needle. 

JamesBe1

Hi Dave.  Since none of the more knowledgeable members has replied, I thought I'd add my humble opinion.

I suspect that you can probably find a needle off a newer style donor gauge.  There are lots to choose from.  I'm sure you don't want to overspend on such a small part.  You might check out ebay for good used gauges, and pick one up cheap.  You might even find a working temperature gauge if you wait around long enough.  If you have the PN, you might want to search the web for it.  No telling what might turn up.  There are lots of people with stashes of miscellaneous parts that might have the whole gauge at a reasonable price.  You might also consider just replacing the whole gauge.  I'm pretty sure that the diameter is standard.  When I added a pressure gauge to my D-180, there were several types to choose from in the diameter I needed.  I'm sure the same goes for temperature gauges too.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.