post-12304-0-38676900-1393262848_thumb.j

post-12304-0-77820800-1393262874_thumb.j

diggerjames

First coat of primer on main chassis !

post-12304-0-78357800-1393263016_thumb.j

post-12304-0-97898300-1393263139.jpg

post-12304-0-65231200-1393263156.jpg

meadowfield

Fast worker! Things like this take me months :)

diggerjames

Me and my apprentice has had a concerted effort over the last couple of days ! I'm hoping for it to be all done for May ! Watch this space . More pictures to follow

Oh mark goo a need your decal services I'll take measurements tomorrow before I strip them off can u customise them for me as well.?

• Like 1

diggerjames

One of the rear wings in its first coat of primer and the engine being stripped

post-12304-0-15757000-1393273060_thumb.j

post-12304-0-67607500-1393273169_thumb.j

meadowfield

Did you get any good clear pics and measurements of the decals?

diggerjames

I'm going to do it all tomorrow mate

meadowfield

Goodo, be good to get a later D200 on file

diggerjames

I've got a commando lined up for restoration as well with a few mods :)

wheeledhorseman

Been watching / following with great interest - you're making stunning progress there.

Noted you also found the steering wheel difficult to remove but I was wondering if you were going to show me up by removing and separating the hydro system. Good to see that I'm not the only one to decide to leave well alone in that department during a resto.

Be useful if you could post the photos of the decals here as I'd like to compare them with my D-200 that's about the same age. It was a transition period from one style to another so I suspect there will be some differences.

Andy

diggerjames

Hi andy your right I'm not going to disturb the hydro systems all being left in situ what a pig that steering wheel is decals to follow

Th decals with measurements

post-12304-0-33227200-1393355231.jpg

post-12304-0-85823000-1393355256.jpg

post-12304-0-79247700-1393355268.jpg

diggerjames

Length of bonnet decal,

mark I've also managed to take the decals off on the bonnet in one piece if you would like them to copy just send me your address and I'm more than happy to send them.

Bonnet

post-12304-0-07135100-1393355489.jpg

meadowfield

Thanks for this James.

I think the only one I need is the short D-200 decal, what about the one under the fuel tank? Also the hydro ones and finally the ones from the engine?

Cheers

diggerjames

Hi mark there wasn't one on or under the fuel tank I will take pictures of the engine ones but they are in a dire state I will do my best cheers james

meadowfield

also is that hood decal for D-200 mirrored on the other side like the B and C series?

diggerjames

I think they are mate I'll check tomorrow cheers James

meadowfield

heres one side, let me know if the other is mirrored.

post-3321-0-83484300-1393523205.jpg

diggerjames

It is mate yes that's it perfect

wheeledhorseman

This D is a real mix when it comes to decals, like my 10 cu ft dumpcart typical of the changeover period from one style to another. It's as if some of the new decals were late in being delivered or perhaps even decided on.

My first D was standard original, the second which is just slightly later than yours is fully in the new style a la C-121.

So this one has the later black headlight panel decal but old style red / white hood decals. Possibly it didn't have a rear one for below the fuel tank - they never designed a proper old style one for this and it was just a hood side one cut down shorter. On the later model its a C-121 style. Mark designed me one in the red / white style that actually fits the rear panel he'll have it on file. The side cheek ones are interim in that they were dropped all together once the new hood ones were available as these had the reference to D-200 twin included on them.

I notice from the photos of the tractor that yours has the later black decal for the push valve that sits below the hole rather than over it.

It's in reasonable condition on mine and can photograph if needed.

Can't see from the photos what the decal for the panel in front of the seat looks like on yours but the later style is black and in one piece if memory serves - again mine has this fairly intact. If thare are any other of the later style on yours but too poor to photograph or gone but you can see where they once were then let me know as my later one may have the same.

Andy

meadowfield

I think I have photos and measurements of yours Andy, will see east I can dig out....

diggerjames

Thanks Andy ,Mark for your help all the panel work are in primer etc just a few minor corrosion pieces to sort more pictures soon

meadowfield

Andy is right on the decals. it's halfway between the two sets I have (both based on Andys) It's up to you whether you want to keep it split and unique or pick the early or later style. main difference is the long white hood decal and rear decal under the tank.

diggerjames

Oh decisions decisisions I thin i would like to keep it the same if that's the way it came out of the factory, I think it should be left that way is that ok mark?

meadowfield

That's what I would do, I like the quirky ones :)

Just double chck whether there's any evidence of the rear decal, oil decal and hydro valve. They are still the unknowns....

diggerjames

We're is the hydro decals located mark?