diggerjames

D200 restoration

diggerjames

My d200 tractor is next on the lst for restoration after I've just completed a full nut and bolt restoration on my David brown 880. post-12304-0-51711800-1389119480_thumb.j any advice greatly appreciated . Thanks James

• Like 3

redrooster

I have a blade off of a D200.

Edited by redrooster

diggerjames

I've got her rUnning roughly back firing etc but I'll sortt that I need a fuel tank cap with gauge etc if any one nows of any many thanks

wheeledhorseman

Welcome to RS James. I love these tractors and have two - you can find the thread on my D-200 resto here:

I hope you may find something useful. There are 'D family members both sides of the pond willing to help and answer questions.

Andy

Edited by wheeledhorseman
  • Like 1

meadowfield

Awesome, look forward to the restore.

Welcome to the group!!

Mark

diggerjames

Thanks Andy thanks for your link I've gad it at least 5 yrs sat in the garage and I thought one lets get it going and so on ? I've got a couple of other wheel horses as well which il post about later!

Cheers mark nice to meet another fellow Yorkshire man

meadowfield

I'd missed you were just south of me, dibnah is down your way too.

More horses?? Tell us more, we have an annual meet in Ripon this year, you need to get entered!

• Like 1

fabricator2009

welcome to red square

Desko

Welcome and can't wait to see the D 200 finished

chazm

WELCOME TO :rs:

Good luck on the restore on the D   :handgestures-thumbupright:

Chasm   :flags-waveusa:

• Like 1

SCOOBY 312-h

this should be interesting. ive never seen a d restoration before. look forward to seeing her shiny

diggerjames

Hi mark yeah Diana lives quite close to me and is a very good friend of mine! Tell me more about this meet at rippon please,

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!m

diggerjames

Some more photos of the Dpost-12304-0-95121300-1389206404_thumb.j

post-12304-0-58972100-1389206511_thumb.j

diggerjames

Other tractors include

Commando 800

Another wheelhorse with a Kawasaki engine can't remember model without looking

2x David brown 880

A David brown 990 highway tractor

A David brown 1412

A fordson power major

And a tvo fergy

And a 2009 john Deere compact tractor with loader model 2520

And 2 x mini diggers which form best part of my business

meadowfield

Awesome collection of toys...

Despite the rarity of D's, yours is about the 6th I know of...

Andy (wheeledhorseman) did a restore a few years ago, have you had a look at the thread? Might be a few pointers in starting.

I wouldn't mind a few clean pics and measurements of the decals to complement my D series decals on the site too if you don't mind :D

Meet is at tractor fest, Newby hall nr Ripon the first weekend in June. We are making it this years wheel horse round up. Look up the previous meets in the Euro section and the thread for this years. Would be great to have you there, we had a couple of D's last year. Looking to top over 20 wheel horses this time.

diggerjames

No problem mark I can take more pictures over the week end and I'll take good measurements I'm going to need a new set making any way! Ill book in to newby hall definitely

meadowfield

No problem mark I can take more pictures over the week end and I'll take good measurements I'm going to need a new set making any way! Ill book in to newby hall definitely

Fab!

Pop over to wheel-horse.co.uk and add your tractors to the uk register as well if you don't mind. If the models are unique I cn add them to my model list too.

Mark

diggerjames

No problem mark and answer to your other question I've looked at Andy's thread with his wheel horse what a brilliant restoration he has done on that!

meadowfield

No problem mark and answer to your other question I've looked at Andy's thread with his wheel horse what a brilliant restoration he has done on that!

It looks fab, there's a few great pics of it alongside a diddy lawn ranger that show the sheer size! They are lovely to drive too, the kohler twins with the right exhausts are to die for :D

diggerjames

Yeah I've got mine running in a fashion it just needs tweaking it's hunting a bit gonna get it running right then strip it for painting is it true they was only 20 D s imported over?

meadowfield

I think that's a myth. I know of 6 and have seen as many in the last few years on the bay. I reckon there's a lot more hidden here and there. For such a large percentage to just crop up seems unlikely. That's not to say they aren't rare!

A rumour went around for years about only 20 GT14s, but I thinks there's way more, again knowing of 10 or 15 now over the last 4 years.

That's why I started the register to at least track some of the rarest models and unique ones too... We have models here the guys in the US would kill for and vice versa. Eg the 512D :)

Edited by meadowfield
  • Like 1

Anglo Traction

Other tractors include

Commando 800

Another wheelhorse with a Kawasaki engine can't remember model without looking

2x David brown 880

A David brown 990 highway tractor

A David brown 1412

A fordson power major

And a tvo fergy

And a 2009 john Deere compact tractor with loader model 2520

And 2 x mini diggers which form best part of my business

Now there is a man with a large garden,  Oil running through his veins and absolutely no problem moving the heavy stuff.   

Welcome James. Look forward to seeing your project. Great machine. 

• Like 1

neil

Welcome to Redsquare James from Sunny Somerset . you have quite a collection of various  interesting types of tractor .

I also have a  nice fergy Ted20 although im just about getting ready to reluctantly sell her .

The d200  is quite a beast of a tractor , although i have never driven one jet but nearly bought one around three years ago , would love to own one one day .

Good luck with your restoration & we hope that you keep us all up to date with your progress .

We also hope that you will join in on some of the other threads as you cant have  enough information here  to help each other with  resolving problems & sharing experiences

Neil

Edited by neil

Sparky

We have models here the guys in the US would kill for and vice versa. Eg the 512D :)

You definitly have that right!!

Mike...........

diggerjames

Thanks Neil , Richard

Me and my brother both collect tractors ,stationary engines etc , we're just in the middle of buying a lorry to move everything , because we can't tow a trailer and caravan , ( for when we go to shows ). Yeah I will join in other threads and up date you with my progress etc. cheers James