decksetter

Snowpocalypse 2014 / Freezeoffyourlips 2014

decksetter

I know I'm not the only one in the Midwest getting this freak storm today and the crazy cold temps to follow. How are you all experiencing it?

Snow is coming down pretty decent now, but nothing like what they say is coming. We are predicted to get 9-14", then have close to 48 hours straight below 0.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• Like 2

zieg72

I know I'm not the only one in the Midwest getting this freak storm today and the crazy cold temps to follow. How are you all experiencing it?

Snow is coming down pretty decent now, but nothing like what they say is coming. We are predicted to get 9-14", then have close to 48 hours straight below 0.

5 hours north of you we are getting hit hard, same forecast but probably a little colder

Edited by zieg72

6wheeler

No snow here, Just Verrry CCCooollldddd. :hide:

chazm

Just starting the freezing rain here in S/C PA :bitch:

Was going to go out & plow the yard but I don't think so   :naughty:

Guess I'll head out to the garage & freeze my azz off out there for awhile :scratchead:

Chasm  :flags-waveusa:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Better move today's snow accumulation asap...

while you still can.    :scared-eek: 

• Like 3

decksetter

Better move today's snow accumulation asap...

while you still can. :scared-eek:

Challenge accepted.

Posted Image

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I've been moving snow for the better part of a week now...almost every day...and sometimes twice.  Today will be another 2 timer.  Craig's right...have to do it before our 3 days of way below zero start.  I heard in Minnesota, they could be looking at minus 70 degree wind chill...now that is dangerous cold.  We in Chicago land are looking at minus 30 degree wind chill.  What a Great Winter!!!  :) :) :) :)   I give it 4 smiley faces...so far.

• Like 3

zieg72

I've been moving snow for the better part of a week now...almost every day...and sometimes twice.  Today will be another 2 timer.  Craig's right...have to do it before our 3 days of way below zero start.  I heard in Minnesota, they could be looking at minus 70 degree wind chill...now that is dangerous cold.  We in Chicago land are looking at minus 30 degree wind chill.  What a Great Winter!!!  :) :) :) :)   I give it 4 smiley faces...so far.

Yep, trying to psych myself up.  Roughly 8 inches since I've gotten up about 6:30, starting to blow

• Like 1

flyovrcntry

post-3821-0-74865600-1388948531_thumb.jpI'm just across the river from St Louis,we are getting 12-15.It started about 3am and it is really blowing now with quarter size flakes.

I'm ready with the 417-A,hope it will be ok with no weights,I do have chains

• Like 1

decksetter

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_20131201_145856.jpgI'm just across the river from St Louis,we are getting 12-15.It started about 3am and it is really blowing now with quarter size flakes.

I'm ready with the 417-A,hope it will be ok with no weights,I do have chains

Wow that's a bunch! I don't have weights either, good thing I'm heavy... Kind of...?

AMC RULES

Good luck to you. :handgestures-thumbsup:   I've got :wh: cast weights, but no chains...

all I could do to push up a 6" accumulation the other day...spinning like crazy.    :eusa-think: 

Mine is a slight uphill grade though...hate to put chains on this old black top drive here.   

Gonna try the Squonks idea of filling the tires with fluid first...see what happens from there. 

shorts

Been watching it snow since 5:30, but it's a mild 32 degrees, The loaders started without help so all I have to do Is make coffee runs and then come home and watch it snow, operators changed out @ 3 PM and again @ 11PM, Hopefully everything stays up and running, I know that ! of the 14 ft snow boxes has to come to the shop for some wearbar and cutting edge work in the morning

Temps due to start dropping like a rock here to

Edited by shorts

flyovrcntry

Went out and pushed some,chains worked pretty good.The snow is pretty dry as it is only about 14 degrees.I had to back up and take a smaller bite at times,but overall it worked pretty good.

post-3821-0-39039500-1388962548_thumb.jp

post-3821-0-67387600-1388962586_thumb.jp

post-3821-0-66527800-1388962607_thumb.jp

• Like 1

timo4352

Nothing going on in Cleveland yet. It was 35 degrees today and I got the drive scraped down good with the blade. The schools have already called and cancelled for the next two days. Probably more due to cold than snow, but we'll see. 

Edited by timo4352

rydogg

-15 for a high on Monday -25 is the low with -60 windchill.....sure wishin we were livin somewhere south from here like maybe Florida.  On the brighter side the new furnace is doing great the house is nice and 70 degrees.  The Governor shut down all schools in Minnesota and some businesses are shutting down for the cold day.  By next weekend they are talking about high 20's to low 30's for temps....crazy weather.

decksetter

Got home around 1030 last night after about an hour of trying to help my brother get out of a ditch. He was just trying to get home from work as his plant didn't close down. He lives out in the country and didn't even make it a mile off the highway. These drifts are no joke. Just tossed his z71 right in the ditch. I really thought we were going to have to leave the truck for a while, then I tried backing up and getting him from a different angle and got my truck stuck too. That's when I started praying REAL HARD. Eventually got both trucks out, but he came to stay at my house last night. Hopefully a plow went through last night so we can get through today, he is diabetic and will need his meds.

This storm is no joke. Even the highways were drifted like crazy. I saw 1/4 mile stretches where the big drifts actually crossed the center line of the road.

• Like 1

SousaKerry

News said we got 14 inches I think we got a bit more.   Took this picture this morning on my way to work as I backed out of the driveway.  Yeah that's my Ranger under there...

They canceled work for 4 shifts over the last 2 days, no-one here can ever remember that happening unless it was a power outage.  We have 2 buildings with no heat and the sewer pipes are froze in another.

post-4531-0-70620900-1389116564_thumb.jp

Edited by SousaKerry

SousaKerry

More pics...

If you notice you can't see the skirting on most houses cause it is completely buried.  My house is the tan one on the right in the first picture

post-4531-0-80562500-1389287529_thumb.jp

post-4531-0-03806200-1389287549_thumb.jp

post-4531-0-85392300-1389287564_thumb.jp

Edited by SousaKerry

Sparky

More pics...

If you notice you can't see the skirting on most houses cause it is completely buried.  My house is the tan one on the right in the first picture

Are you the guy in the neighborhood with the best snow-clearing machine? If so I bet the neighbors love ya!!

Mike...........

flyovrcntry

I wonder how many guy's play the good neighbor.The day after our big snow it was so cold I was not going to plow since I didn't have to get out .

Well what happens is I look out the window and my 60 year old neighbor is out there with a shovel trying to dig her car out as she had to work the next day.We had about 15" on the ground and along the highway it was banked 36" high at the end of her driveway.So on go the carharts and two hours later I'm back in the warm.Now I like pushing snow as much as anyone,but i'm getting old and 4 degrees hurts this old man.

I guess you know the moral of this story.When it's below freezing'DO NOT LOOK OUTSIDE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confusion-confused:

• Like 2