Sparky

Brrr!!

Sparky

I'm sure I wasn't in the coldest spot in New England but this is what my car was telling me at 9:50am today. And the sun is out! I have no idea what it was at 6am before the sun came out when the dog had to go outside  :eek:  !

post-2-0-79527500-1388847805_thumb.jpg

Mike............

PS....I know, check the tire pressure!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Zero here this a.m., felt like a heat wave. 

Hard to imagine, just six short months from now...

we'll be sweating our   :happy-bouncyredfire: :happy-bouncyredfire: off in Biglersville, Pa.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

nylyon

-11 and the cars are NOT happy.  I was suppressed that Christine (Diesel truck, you know why it's called Christine) started right up!  Let it warm up, drove down the road and it died!  Fuel gelled up.  So I took the Jeep out, now that has what I think is a lifter knock, so took the Escape.  At 45 MPH, it felt like it's going to vibrate apart.  Snow is packed on the inside of the rims!  Not digging this cold weather.....

Tim

-4F at 6am this morning

didn't think of leaving house until it warmed up to 14

Sparky

-11 and the cars are NOT happy.  I was suppressed that Christine (Diesel truck, you know why it's called Christine) started right up!  Let it warm up, drove down the road and it died!  Fuel gelled up.

How far did ya have to walk in -11 to get back home?

Mike............

rmaynard

At 1:45am this morning, the temp was about 12, and the electricity went off. So I'm thinking, do I get up and start the generator? I don't need lights. no one is using the plumbing, fridge or freezer, I'm toasty warm in bed with the cat curled up on my feet, and I'm going back to sleep. Fifteen minutes later, my wife thinks the house is starting to get cold. So I put the cat on her, went down to the basement to do a switchover to run the furnace on the generator, then the lights came back on.

Dang it. I should have stayed in bed.

Gimme that cat back.... :sleeping-yellow:

• Like 3

Sparky

Ain't that always the way it goes Bob! Funny stuff....

Mike.........

nylyon

-11 and the cars are NOT happy.  I was suppressed that Christine (Diesel truck, you know why it's called Christine) started right up!  Let it warm up, drove down the road and it died!  Fuel gelled up.

How far did ya have to walk in -11 to get back home?

Mike............

It idled fine, but died under any power.  I was able to get it home, so no walking for me :)  Now the Jeep....  that's going to be a problem.  I think that a lifter went down, and the intake gasket needs replacement as does the pre-cat's.  Time and money on that one....  just glad the truck is okay, that's the big buck problem truck.

shorts

I just got the call to be prepared to chase snowplows at 5:30 in the morning, I love cold starts on diesel loaders!