killersheep

Norlett/Wheel Horse..confused!!

meadowfield

Wow!

Charlie, I think I might hire you as my researcher :D. That's another model I've never seen....

Charlie Smith

This one is for sale mark up your way ;) maybe it's time to grow the collection! Apparently this one is called a 7HP 'R' Ranger 3 gears plus reverse in a H pattern gear box, although. It says hasn't run for years! But no jobs to small for you, as you have proved with the 4x4 :D

Charlie Smith

Now now I think I should start charging for this information,

I have just found a 1974 sales brochure from norlett ride on mowers! The brochure was up for sale a while back, the leaflet said it in includes three models, they are,

Scout,

Ranger,

And Commander

Hmm so.... We have found and seen the ranger and the commander models now I'm on the hunt for pics of the Scout model

killersheep

Charlie your some pup! Was that green one a norlett though?

Charlie Smith

This one?

post-9595-0-53023200-1388936916.jpg

If you're talking about this one, Yes this is a norlett, the norlett 7HP 'R' Ranger

killersheep

Grand same as mine then. Even with the h gearbox

Charlie Smith

Shame about the phone not letting you upload the pictures, would love to see more detailed pics of yours, does your run and drive? Is this another tractor to your collection? Or is this a start to a collection, or is it just a one off thing!

killersheep

I'll try and get photos up sometime soon (good ones!) it doesn't run at the min as the boy who had her before me made a mess of it trying to change the ignition and the engine parts are here there and everywhere :( the gearbox and everything else tho is mint! So i have a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel lined up for it at some stage as the v7 original engine would be impossible to find

Although I'm not worried that it doesn't run when I bought it as it only cost me £20 off somebody who clearly didn't know what the had!

It's my first miniature tractor which is the first of a collection that will be happening soon!

Edited by killersheep

Charlie Smith

Well good luck with everything, if you are starting to collect garden tractors Cough WHEEL HORSE Cough! I may say I think you should try get a wheel horse!

killersheep

I know where there are 2 wheel horse c101's near me so they're next!

Charlie Smith

Defiantly get them if you can, if you was closer to me, I'd jump at the chance I've been looking for another horse now for a while.

meadowfield

Here's a pic of the lawn ranger outside

b19cdd1c4bf3b8fb0084be898e67ced0_zps4b75

9c4a4116fd00aef721d97699ed75216f_zps5177

I know where there are 2 wheel horse c101's near me so they're next!

Get them :)

Charlie Smith

Mark was that before it was restored! Or is that another one you have?

meadowfield

We have 3 lawn rangers, this one is my youngest Finns. It's a worker, our garden gets its grass mowed with this.

It's totally original, with v70 engine and peerless 3 speed box.

The shiny one you see on the site and so Ardingly 2 years ago is my brothers. My dad also has one with a Briggs 8hp fitted.

Charlie Smith

Looks good for a worker I like a horse in its work clothes

meadowfield

Have you got the link or pic for the brochure?

C-101plowerpower

$T2eC16F,!y8E9s2fjFHOBRs2rPfZfQ~~60_35.J

meadowfield

Charlie sent me it :)

Anyone got anything similar to share? we are hunting down a Norlett scout...

goldhorse

I have the same brochure, and price list - the list shows four different models of Scout priced between £225 and £290, three models of ranger between £270 and £350, and the T8/Commander at £480. Quite a price range, I dread to think what £480 in 1974 would be in today's prices!

meadowfield

I have the same brochure, and price list - the list shows four different models of Scout priced between £225 and £290, three models of ranger between £270 and £350, and the T8/Commander at £480. Quite a price range, I dread to think what £480 in 1974 would be in today's prices!

Wow!

any chance you can share? I'd love to update my site with more information on Norlett. What is a scout based on? I have a hunch it is a Lawn ranger...

cheers

mark

btw any update on your commander?

Edited by meadowfield

killersheep

The norlett based on the lawn ranger was called the norlett 7hp r ranger so scout I think would be the base smallest model

Anglo Traction

Just an idea of values at that time.     In Dec 1974 the Wage for an Agricultural Worker was £21.40 pw.

UK Average Weekly pay was about £53.

You could buy a 3 bed Terraced House for £3100.00....................and a pint of Ale was about .26p. 

Good to see these Bits of Tractor info coming to light.

goldhorse

Hi Mark, still not finished commander resto, bogged down with B/C 100. Don't think the Scout is Wheelhorse, looks more Westwood/Mountfield Lawnbug

post-8759-0-25262200-1389017162.jpg

meadowfield

Hi Mark, still not finished commander resto, bogged down with B/C 100. Don't think the Scout is Wheelhorse, looks more Westwood/Mountfield Lawnbug

Hmmm, looks like either an early mountfield or a Toro RER.

Oddly enough my brother has both - maybe need to check.

Are there any other pictures?

goldhorse

thispost-8759-0-89447400-1389023387.jpg or thispost-8759-0-31735500-1389023410.jpg