killersheep

Norlett/Wheel Horse..confused!!

killersheep

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the whole Wheel Horse scene. Today i bought a Lawn Ranger (which i now know after some research). It is whoever badged as a Norlett. I have photos which I'll put on soon (my phone died). So im a bit confused here. I know Norlett where Wheel Horses under a different name for a while but i cant find anything called a Norlett Lawn Ranger!

In all im just a bit confused as to what was what and how the whole Norlett thing worked. I know they made the Commander and the T8-36 but not a lawn ranger? If anybody could enlighten me as to what Norlett made and if my Lawn Ranger is a wrongly badged Wheel Horse, or if it is actually a Norlett that i cant find anything on on the web. 

Thanks, and any help would be appreciated.

Ben, Northern Ireland

Don1977

You will get an answer quicker if posted on the Europe Section below. I had never heard of a Norlett until I saw one one the Euro Wheel Horse section.

KC9KAS

Ben.... :WRS: , and :wwp:

I'm from Holland.......Indiana! :ROTF:

killersheep

This is her at the Minute haven't decided what to do yet! Other photo (Of the tidy looking tractor) is of the only Lawn Ranger i can find, and it's a Wheel Horse. This is where my confusion is coming from! Did Norlett make a Lawn Ranger? or has mine been a Wheel Horse that has the wrong badges? Any insight is appreciated! 

post-12328-0-16573000-1388795658.jpgpost-12328-0-13607500-1388795660.jpgpost-12328-0-91574800-1388795390_thumb.j

Edited by killersheep

C-101plowerpower

welcome to  :rs:  , does the ranger have a vin tag? maybe that will clear up some questions?

Koen

killersheep

Hi Koen. Vin plate was my next port of call to check. Unfortunately the tractor is in a friends garage at the moment so it will be tomorrow before know but I will post anything I find up on here. I can't guarantee anything tho as it seems to have been redone (I think, it's been painted with a big 2 inch brush and left lines for goodness sake!) so whoever had it before may have just thrown it away. But what ever i do find I'll let everybody know.

Thanks again

meadowfield

Wow, welcome to redsquare!

We have a norlett, and three lawn rangers..... Yours is the first T7 I've seen. Only a guess but model no will be 1-8756, and it should have a tech v70 engine.

Plate will be on the chassis near the engine. If you could get some decent pics I can add that decal set to the ones I have for norlett. I'll also add T7 to the norlett section of my site.

Try here for some more pictures....

http://www.restorationdecals.co.uk/rangergallery.htm

Thanks

Mark

Edited by meadowfield

Anglo Traction

Hi Killersheep,  :text-welcomewave: to RS. Look's like a nice find. Brush marks in the paint can always be buffed out. You will have more chance here than anywhere to get the answers and help. Mark (Meadowfield) is the 'Norlet Oracle' here :thumbs2:

Your not alone over there in N.I. We have Microchip (Allen) on here as well, sure he will look in soon. 

Also just wondering what the other Tractor is on the Trailer in the pic?. 

Regards

meadowfield

I was going to comment on that Richard,

Looks like an old case, maybe a 222 - the kind of thing Bob Rock uses for his specials

killersheep

It's a big heavy case hydrostatic, heavy brute of a thing!

killersheep

Great news Charlie! Do you know how many of them (or close) were made and how many would be in existence?

Thanks for your help!!

killersheep

Or for that matter Charlie any facts about them at all?

meadowfield

I've been researching Norlett for over 3 years. Yours is the first T7 I have seen, I didn't know they had used the lawn ranger.

Numbers must be small otherwise we would have seen more on the auction sites and forums.

They were built from the same kit of parts as wheel horse in the Oevel factory for 2-3 years from 1970. Model numbers usually match wheel horse models of the same type. I.e. A wheel Horse A90 special is a commander/T8 36.

Have you found the ID plate yet?

Mark

Charlie Smith

I personally do not know of any that exist, I guess there Is a few out there laying about in hedges and the back of peoples sheds, but norletts them self I think I rather rare as it is, I only know if the one mark (meadowfield) owns well now I know of two yours and marks, I did see a norlett pop up on an auction website back in the summer, but it was the same model as the one mark has or similar which is the T8 36, I think they may be quite rare now, so if I was you I'd keep hold of it and treat it well.

killersheep

Yes I'll post a picture later as phone doesn't want to know about photos.

Hard to see the plate but it says:

Model 2-0240

Serial 40182

The right side of the plate has faded away but there's a B-2431 on the bottom left. I'll post a picture when I'm home later

meadowfield

The B-2431 is the postal area in Belgium

• Like 1

killersheep

The only other T7-32 I can find is the video Charlie Posted above. Otherwise the internet is empty!

The only other T7-32 I can find is the video Charlie Posted above. Otherwise the internet is empty!

meadowfield

Norlett are almost none existent on the web. Most of the searches come up with my questions on various sites, or my own info :)

Charlie Smith

Killer sheep I don't know if you have heard of this site/picture posting app/website, well I'm a youngster so I'm up to date with all this stuff! But something called Instagram! They video I posted I managed to track the guy down and notice he has an instagram, he's got lots of photos of the T7-32 I had followed him and I have sent him a mail asking him what information can he tell me about these mowers, he is from Norway! As soon as I find out anymore I shall keep you updated

killersheep

I'm 18 myself so young enough lol Charlie thanks so much for your help!! Would be lost without it lol wouldn't have known where to look!!

Charlie Smith

This seems to be pretty much the same as the one you have?

post-9595-0-82303700-1388935422.jpg

If so that one is one the well known auction site Bay of E

Edited by Charlie Smith

killersheep

Yes Charlie seems to be the same. Still rather rare though!

I don't have any others but I drive a friends 434 international at tractor rally's. This has been my first but (which happened to be a miniature) but I intend to keep going!

Edited by killersheep

Charlie Smith

Yes I agree very rare! Well if Google can't return any search results, you know you must have something worth keeping ;) aha

And ahh interesting well I'm 16, one of the youngest on this forum, do you have any other tractors? Do you collect? Or was this just a one off thing!