mcghs

Snow Cab installation with Arc Loader

mcghs

Hey there all you Wheel horse guys - has anyone ever installed an Original tractor cab on a 400 series Wheelhorse that had  Ark 550 loader installed or for that matter a custom built one.  I looked through over 100 pages of the forums today and saw many applications for cabs alone and front end loaders but nothing marrying the two.

Pictures, drawings, ideas, links to sites would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for anything you can share with me.

Best Regards,

mcghs

MalMac

I would think that you would have to do serious modifying to a Oringinal Cab in order for it to work. You would be better off just starting from scratch.

mcghs

Thank you for replying to my post last night on how to install a snow cab on a Wheel Horse with a Ark loader.  I googled Wheel horse  pictures after Isked for help and came across a picture of someone having exactly what I am looking for except I think the loader may have been a Quick Way as it was black and the bucket was shaped differently than mine.

If the person who posted that picture is a Red Square member can you please tell me how you got the cover to fit between the loader posts and how far you can open the door to get in and out of the cab enclouser.

Please keep the ideas coming.

mcghs

jeremi3210

2011-09-11102649.jpg

Here is what i got its a gt14 with a homemade loader and cab.

• Like 2

rexman72

good looking cab with loader

mcghs

Jeremi,

Thank you for posting a picture of your cab and loader for your Wheel horse.

By any chance did you keep drawings or dimensions of your work.

I would like to replicate what you did as this is what I am looking for to do to mine as well.  I am especially interested in photos or sketches of how you mounted the cab to the tractor.

Thanks again,

mcghs

jeremi3210

I dont have any pics of how it mounts and i dont have it on the tractor right now. It sits on the fender and is held on by six bolts two on the dash, one on each of the fender uprights and two in the back.

dewdew

I am also interested in that cab. Looks very nicely built. What type of material was used?

I am also interested in that cab. Looks very nicely built. What type of material was used?

jeremi3210

It is very nicely built. I didnt build it, the guy who did must of been a cabinet builder or something. It is made out of wood with some metal reinforcements, the skin is a high denesty board. I cant see all of the framework of it cause the inside is covered to. If you would like to see more pics let me know.

mcghs

Jeremi,

Yes I would like to see as many pictures as you can take and post of the tractor cab.  If you can also explain how you take the cab off the tractor that will also be helpful.  The windows in the door  - are they stationary or do they slide?

Lastly if you can take a few pictures of the brackets holding the cab up front will be helpful as well for me to plan on building a cab like yours.

Thanks again,

mcghs

jeremi3210

Yes the windows slide open. It takes two people to handle the cab, first take off the steering wheel next the loader control rods then you put the cab on and reattach everything. Very simple. I also remove the doors it makes it easier to handle.

post-5643-0-85626200-1388520504_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-53019600-1388520558_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-58654100-1388520606_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-19985700-1388520645_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-85913900-1388520688_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-34069700-1388520731_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-29417300-1388520765_thumb.jp

• Like 1