Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

K-301S starter belt cover

Sarge

I've tried 3 times to pick up a K301S starter-gen belt cover for the old 1277 - no luck yet . Will the cover from any of the other K-series engines fit , especially the 181 series ?? Never would have believed they are that hard to score ....

Sarge :banghead:

oldandred

nope the 181 is too small

rustyoldjunk

i dont know for sure but i would imagine a 10hp k241 would fit it,or any of the big blocks.but im guessing.maybe someone will come along soon and let us know for sure.

Kelly

I know the small block ones will not fit, smaller than a 10hp. and the one's from a 1045, 1055, 1075, 953, 1054, 1054s will not fit, I think most any other one will, you will be looking for a 66-68 model years 10-12hp kohler powered tractor, there maybe some others, but I think that covers most of them.

Good luck S/G belt guards are tough to find for a good price.

bambooheels

i will chec my stock tomorrow aee what i have for you,hope i have it, i have over 30 kohlers here

Sarge

Money is no problem , just wasn't at the computer on the last one that showed the other day on Ebay . I was so ticked I missed the end of that auction .

As a side note, I apologize to those that lost out on the batch of nos stuff recently, I will use every piece in my restorations ...

If you find one, shoot me a price !!!

Sarge

daemon2525

Remember that even if you get a S/G belt cover from a K301, that they are not all the same.

I swapped engines recently and got a K301 that was on a ford. The S/G was mounted differently and sat lower. The Belt cover was identical except for the mounting straps.

Of course you could always move the straps.

Sarge

Moving the straps is no real issue , I do have a tig here :banghead:

I do have a few leads , but nothing solid yet .

Thanks for the tip though ,

Sarge