redrooster

79 C-141 restro

redrooster

Seat pan ready for paint. Also welded cracks near mounting holes.post-12156-140026041257_thumb.jpgpost-12156-140026042864_thumb.jpg

redrooster

Finished the seat pan with a coat of rustolem and replaced the seat cover. After getting some of the usual spring chores done I was able to get the motor painted. I made a backer plate for the ignition coil mounting bracket to keep it from cracking the motor cover. post-12156-140129195397_thumb.jpg post-12156-140129155886_thumb.jpgpost-12156-140129158333_thumb.jpg

post-12156-140129217565_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

redrooster

Found a nice rubber insulated clamp at Lowes to secure my battery tray drain line. Also I have connected hoses to the vents on the battery to make sure no battery acid would not reach the drain pan. In the past leaking batteries have caused much corrosion on the steering tower.4umaqudy.jpgtajynuba.jpghy8unuqy.jpg

• Like 1

c-series don

I know what you are going through I have done a c-121 and c-161 with the same detail. Believe me the time and money is well spent, as you will have a great feeling every time you look at it! You will think, man I have a really nice tractor that I am proud of. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see it all done.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Well thought out. Planning your moves. Makes for a nice job.

Like your getting.

Glenn

Save Old Iron

Found a nice rubber insulated clamp at Lowes to secure my battery tray drain line. Also I have connected hoses to the vents on the battery to make sure no battery acid would not reach the drain pan. In the past leaking batteries have caused much corrosion on the steering tower.4umaqudy.jpgtajynuba.jpghy8unuqy.jpg

Nice. Very nice.

Now if you could find some foam rubber vibration dampening material for under the battery, you might extended the life of the battery too.

redrooster

Finally got the fender painted and ready to install. For some reason I got got a lot of Orange peel so I had to wet sand it with 1000 grit and hand rub it with rubbing compound. Next up hood!post-12156-140292853095_thumb.jpgpost-12156-140292855544_thumb.jpg

redrooster

While waiting to paint the hood I have been making several adjustments in how the panels fit up, installing new amp meter and replacing the carriage bolts with stainless steel bolts. Also looking into a surface mounted tachometer. post-12156-140389365253_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

JT Burkard

Really looking good. I can't wait to see it all finished.

redrooster

Heading down the final stretch. Painted the hood but some orange peel. I'm in the process of wet sanding it with 1000 grit than rubbing it out with compound.post-12156-14056396863_thumb.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Looking really good! :handgestures-thumbup:  By the way, nice ferris, those are some good machines.  :)

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Your doing a 1st class job. Its really turning out sweet.

Glenn

redrooster

Latest picture as im nearing the finish line. Progress has been slow with all the summer activities. Basically I just need to finish the hood and apply the decals. After that I'll try to summarize how this restoration unfolded. I'm hoping to attend the Warsaw event October the 4th.post-12156-140742864753_thumb.jpgpost-12156-140742866231_thumb.jpgpost-12156-140742867416_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Exceptional fine work. And when I think how you battled the winter also. Wow! Can't wait for the finale pictures.

Glenn

redrooster

Finally the long road to restore my C-141 to its former glory is complete. She looks good and runs great. post-12156-141216819946_thumb.jpgpost-12156-141216821837_thumb.jpgpost-12156-141216824833_thumb.jpgpost-12156-141216827732_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Geno

Glory is the right word for that one, looks great Red!  :text-+1:   :text-+1:   :text-+1:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Red,,,, first class / top notch. What a great job. It was really great following you go through the steps.

The end result,,,,, superb.

Glenn

CasualObserver

Very nice. Just went back and read the whole topic front to back again... congratulations on a fine looking machine. :thumbs:  Just in time for Scott's, eh? I'm sure it will get some well deserved attention there!

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Very nice work indeed!  :jaw:  :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Wishin4a416

Looks great. Very nice job all around!!

doc724

Very nice.  I finished my restoration of an identical machine about 10 months ago.  I did not touch the engine though.  I am a firm believer in the "if it's not broke, don't touch it" school.

redrooster

Thanks to all the members of Red Square for your advice, tips and support. Since this was my first restore your help was very much appreciated. You helped me stay focused when I wasn't sure how to proceed. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Ken B

That came out very nice! 

dclarke

Your 141 turned out really nice. Great job!  :thumbs:

aboutime

LOOKS GREAT. WILL YOU BE ABLE TO GET IT DIRTY? I FIND IT VERY HARD TO GET ONE DIRTY AFTER ALL THAT WORK. IF I DO, I WIPE THEM OF BEFORE I PUT THEM AWAY.

AGAIN IT LOOKS REALLY NICE. :handgestures-thumbupright: