redrooster

79 C-141 restro

redrooster

Steering tower painted along with other parts. Man this is a labor intensive project. post-12156-139550913293_thumb.jpg

redrooster
post-12156-139553593862_thumb.jpg

Mr. 856

looks great and yes you are right. for being such small machines they do take some time. Im on the tail end of redoing an 856, engine and all and its been a lot of hours. I need to use this tractor this spring/summer so I am certainly speeding up the process. keep up the good work on yours.

chris hall

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

i really like you work stand .

bowtiebutler956

You do nice work, and thats going to be great looking  :wh: when your finished! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

608KEB

I've been following your thread.You do really nice work. I can't wait to see it finished!

redrooster

Thanks for the compliments. I feel like I'm getting over the hump!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Red. I want to throw another compliment your way to. Hard work but it's looking sweet.

Your doing a class job.

Glenn

redrooster

Starting to get a lot of these small parts back on. Next up I'll be painting the brake parts and lift mechanism in order to complete the steering tower. I can't stress how important it is to take plenty of pictures and label each bag as to what and were the parts go.post-12156-139595642136_thumb.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Starting to get a lot of these small parts back on. Next up I'll be painting the brake parts and lift mechanism in order to complete the steering tower. I can't stress how important it is to take plenty of pictures and label each bag as to what and were the parts go.attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1395956408352.jpg

Smart Man!!  :thumbs:

redrooster

Electrical wiring installed and new front and rear rubber mounted! [emoji3]post-12156-13962010056_thumb.jpgpost-12156-139620102978_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

HorseFixer

Lookin Good Rooster! :notworthy:  :notworthy: 

~Duke :wh: 

bowtiebutler956

You definitely know the meaning of quality work! Looks fantastic, and sets a restoration off, like a fresh set of AG's!  :woohoo:  :thumbs:

rexman72

looking really good.

Jake Kuhn

Looking great!  :bow-blue:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

What can I say? Its been said. But I have to say it,,,,LOOKS GREAT!

Glenn

ol550

Not a real common rear wheel.  Would be easier to paint though.  Good resto job. :handgestures-thumbup:

HorseFixer

Rooster, Mighty fine looking machine! :notworthy:  :notworthy:

~Duke  :wh:

redrooster

Finished hooking up the brake today and decided to repaint the lift arm and drive belt cover. I made the same old mistake of not having good lightning so I didn't realize the paint coverage was not heavy enough. The morale of the story is take your time, do a little and do it right.

Edited by redrooster

Fun Engineer

Nice job red rooster. You'll be glad you went through the trouble to take it completely apart. You will have a better paint job than when it came from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

redrooster

Stripping the fender and hood today.post-12156-139673169298_thumb.jpg

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Red. Are you using that little sand blaster gun for that? Ty. Work is coming along really nice.

Glenn

redrooster

I used paint stripper initially but it only got about half of the paint. I used the sand blaster gun to take off the rest of the paint and rust.post-12156-139673810058_thumb.jpg

redrooster

Steering tower nearly complete. Fender and hood are next up. You have to be very careful when tightening bolts on fresh paint. post-12156-139710327516_thumb.jpgpost-12156-139710330896_thumb.jpg

56flatbed

Hey RR, looks really good!  Did you remember to clean off the paint and use star washers on your ground connections?  By the way, I started tearing down my C141A a couple months back.  Kind of stalled right now though.  Way too many things going on right now.