Sign in to follow this  
rocking 416

416 hydro

rocking 416

my 1996 416 hydro , dont seem to want to maintain a constant speed , they hydro lever (make it go foward an backward) insted of the 12 o clock position it should be in for high speed, it drifts down to a 2 o clock position . i think i need to adjust linkage. it will climb a slope when you barly touch the lever it moves slow but i can feel the trans working . any feed back would be appericated.. or if somone could link me to the hydro adjustment procedure. i couldent find it at toros website :banghead:

• Like 1

nylyon

Under the seat there's a cam plate. There's a 9/16" nut where the plate pivots. Give this a quarter turn, should help hold. Adjust until it's better.

rocking 416

ive tryed that, she dont seem to want to stay in the 12 o clock position tho :USA: :banghead:

nylyon

Check the linkage as well to be sure none of the spring / roll pins backed out. There isn't any oil on that cam plate is there? That adjustment should hold it.

rocking 416

nah theres no oil . im tryen to under stand they the lever wont hold in one place. I dont think its an internal problem . i love the tractor to death but man does it have me scratching my head :banghead:

refracman

It sounds like the cam and cam plate is worn. Their not to hard to replace, you have to remove the seat and fender to get at them though.

Them parts are a little pricey. If I remember correctly it'll run ya bout 50 bucks. and bout 1 1/2 hours for the repair.

Tom J

I have the same issue with the '96 Hydro I just brought, so am interested to hear how you make out. I just assumed I might have adjust the nut every few weeks? Thought about putting in a new "locking" nut too.