Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

combatmp29r's Commando V18 Update

combatmp29r

Well since the project at Ken's is complete it was time to get back to the V18. No there hasn't been a tremendouse amount of progress, but there is progress. The NAMA show is this week, so its slam fest time. These pics are a couple days old, so there is alot more red primer and wet sandin acomplished. I'll update them more in another day or so (I Hope) when its all in red paint.

Here is where we left it in the last post:

V18reassembly17.jpg

Lets see since then we added a couple back wheels of course never being satisfied with anything this is the second set of pretty white rims. The first ones had just a touch too much back spacing :omg:

Picture184.jpg

And then one or 2 more parts :USA:

tractors007.jpg

tractors006.jpg

and of course we have wind chimes :thumbs:

tractors008.jpg

tractors009.jpg

tractors010.jpg

tractors011.jpg

The last set of primered parts are for the new seat mount. Stole it off another red tractor. Greg knows what one :lol:

Here's what it will look like assembled

Picture100.jpg

OK so some progress on the hyd:

The control levers:

tractors015.jpg

The valve modification :lol:

tractors012.jpg

And the valve mounting location

tractors013.jpg

The valve was widened with a 1 3/4" piece of aluminum machined with the flow chambers and O ring grooves just like a spool. I had to split them apart like that to clear the uppper steering shaft. When complete though barely any hyd parts other than the levers will be visible from outside :banghead:

• Excellent 1

DMESS

Nice work Joel. I'm sorry I'm going to miss it! :banghead:

combatmp29r

Thanks Dustin. It would have been nice to have you up there. :banghead:

kj4kicks

Lookin' Good there Joel. See you in a few days :banghead:

YAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!

CasualObserver

Joel... here's your lostthread.gif

combatmp29r

Thanks Jason thought I was losing it for a moment. OK so alot of progress happened, and then the parking brake was set temporarily and I believe is stuck now. Nothing a little PB won't fix though :USA::banghead:

So I started by fabbing up the stacks:

tractors026.jpg

Then I cut the top of them to 10deg turn outs and assembled the hood stand, and the first pieces of engine tin

tractors036.jpg

Then a new set of front shoes and the rest of the engine tin, wiring, control cables, etc etc

tractor112.jpg

tractor113.jpg

And a close up of TDs handywork

tractor114.jpg

The temp tank is back off as on day 2 of operational stage, it decided to smoke the selenoid and starter all in one swoop. Well more likely the starter went bad and took the selenoid with it. The great Joy of Briggs offset twins is you have to pull the flywheel to get the starter off. So on went the progress parking brake. Today I pulled the engine tins off I need to , and popped the fly wheel off. I'll dig into the starter tomorrow and hopefully get her back up and runnin early in the week.

BairleaFarm

Stacks look sweet

rustyoldjunk

awsome work Joel,that machine is going to be stronger and better looking then i ever imajined a vert shaft tractor could be,im loving it.keep the progress pics coming and i cant wait to see it finished.

combatmp29r

Thanks for the comps guys. Nothing realy to report yet. Starter is off and on the bench, the selenoid is replaced. Then the Honey do list got in the way, and then 14 hours of crawlin around in drop ceiling fixing another contractors screw up led to looking at the garage tonight and sayin nah tomorrow. More pics and updates to come. :banghead:

HorseFixer

Nice job Joel the stacks look fantastic, looking at your sig yer getting quite the collection! :banghead:

Duke