cheesegrader

C-48 sweepster

cheesegrader

I'm looking at a C-48 sweepster, but it doesn't look like it was originally on a Wheelhorse.

How were these mounted to the attach-o-matic on the front of the tractor, and how were they lifted?

I think I could modify this one to work with the snowblower lift arm, but I'm open to suggestions.

pfrederi

I am not familiar with the model you mentioned. Sweepster did make a mounting frame for WHs.  It uses both the front and mid mount tachmatic.  It does not raise or lower teh broom that is done by a electric lift that is part of the unit.  They are a real pain to mount/unmount. The C175 is now permanently hooked up to the broom.  Gets about 1-2 hours per year of use.  I have repalced teh casters in the picture they were from a PO who used it on cement.  I have bigger casters on the broom now as I use it on grass.  They are super nose heavy you will need a lot of weight on the stern if you try to sweep uphill at all.

c40a1f295194717.jpg

cheesegrader

Paul,

That mount is WAAAY more complicated than I imagined.  I never would have thought of that without the picture.

Your unit is similar, but looks bigger.  Is that a 60"?

pfrederi

No it is only 48".  M24series?

c-series don

After years of looking for the correct model c-48 broom I found one in N. Carolina bought it and had it shipped up here to Long Island. This almost caused a divorce(again!) as I really did not need it. Yes they are a bit heavy but not like two stage snowblower heavy or bucket of dirt in the loader heavy. I have de-thatched my lawn and finally used it two days ago to sweep snow. I got it in the spring and have been itching to use it in the snow so at the first inch and a half before it turned to rain I used it and it worked great. Having a cab on with this attachment does help. If you can find the correct one I say get it !!! Plus as a collector this is a rare attachment to have. With more snow coming tomorrow night I will be sweepin' while some of you R.S. members are sleepin' !!! Happy Holidays !

• Like 1

Operator

See my avatar picture ?  They work great for driveway spring clean ups. Handles snow great too!