wheeledhorseman

Early Xmas present - expecting snow

wheeledhorseman

When it comes to Xmas sometimes it's best to buy a present for yourself - something useful that you actually want so.......

Despite already having two snow blades, one for the C-100 and one for the 316 my attention was grabbed by a NOS blade that appeared on  :techie-ebay:  recently.

A little bit of research confirmed that it was for the 200 series tractors like my 216-5 so although these are not the best tractors for pushing snow I was certainly interested though not at the starting price being asked.

When it attracted no bids I made an offer  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:  that was accepted  :grin:   and a 270 mile round trip made to Droitwich today saw a new addition to my collection of WH attachments.

post-4509-0-04418000-1386878721_thumb.jp

Having laid out the bits on the living room carpet for a photo (yes, it's that clean!) I felt a bit guilty about not paying the original asking price but my offer was accepted and apparently the guy selling had been made a better offer but to adapt it to fit on a Kubota :no: .... but being a guy with a couple of C's himself amongst other tractors, said he'd rather see it go to be fitted onto a WH - that's how good true WH people are I guess. :thumbs:

I'm getting the C-100 ready for snow duty at the moment - this year with some ATV tire chains by 'Moose' in the USA which, given the small amount of snow we get down here, will probably be enough but there's the 316 that can also be 'plowed up' so as to speak if the forecasters are right and we get significant snow this winter and if I get the time (it's a big if) then it would be nice to get the new plow onto the 216 if only for a photo shoot if it does actually snow.

Andy

• Like 2

meadowfield

Fab, great find Andy. That's probably the same nos stock blade my brother modified to fit his C-105.

Looking forward to the snow, but not for ploughing this year :D

Edited by meadowfield

Anglo Traction

Saw that listed. Well dealt.  It's good that you have a Tractor to mount it on 'as is' and no Mods. So you'll have 3 pushers ready now :handgestures-thumbupright: .

I would like to wish you loads of Snow now you've bought it, no offense,  but somehow I am not sure you'll see it any time soon :confusion-shrug:  .

AMC RULES

Nice score...  :wh: NOS is best.  

953 nut

Merry Christmas

• Like 1

neil

nice aquisition Andy ,

Lets hope Santa brings you some snow for you to try it out

Charlie Smith

Nice find. I saw that too, Glad another red square member got it,

I also got a plow and bracket earlier in the year, and I'm still very impatiently waiting for snow to test it out!

• Like 1

Coadster32

Merry Christmas

X2      

(nice find :handgestures-thumbupright: )

Stigian

A nice find Andy, let's hope we get some snow so we can get some snowy seat time in this winter..

Griff

That's the same as mine. I hope you post some pics of it fixed together so by i can see how the blade fits on the bracket and on the tractor for when i list it for sale. I can't make head nor tail of it!

wheeledhorseman

I assembled it tonight on the carpet but didn't get time to take a photo and upload - will do that soon Griff. Meanwhile, being NOS it did come with a user manual which includes how to fit so  I've scanned it and uploaded here

On the matter of snow - who knows if it will or it won't (certainly forecasters don't seem to agree on that) but it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't when it comes to making a tractor ready (or not as the case may be). 

Andy

• Like 1

Lars

Wow really nice find Andy.. enjoy it

wheeledhorseman

For Griff - photos of the assembled snow plow.

post-4509-0-76208100-1387238616_thumb.jp

post-4509-0-90552400-1387238641_thumb.jp

Like most guys the challenge for me was to assemble it without reference to the instruction booklet. Did quite well though I didn't actually attach the big springs just laid them in place. The two 'spare' red brackets form a brace back to the chassis of the tractor (don't think I'd be allowed a tractor in the living room) but I couldn;t puzzle out what the pins with an offset were for.

Having checked the user manual they are part of the kit but they're not shown on the exploded diagram on the Toro site. Maybe it will become clear when I put it on a tractor.The bit I got wrong was that the black rod that goes to the implement lift lever should have the trunion at the plow end.

It's quite a remarkable bit of engineering but it is for LTs rather than GTs and is described as for use with light snow and not suitable for moving dirt.

Hope this helps

Andy

meadowfield

I think they are still up to the job! My brothers mod for the c series works well. Just because they don't push from the rear axle they still are good enough :)

Griff

:woohoo:     :text-thankyouyellow:    Andy,   :text-merryxmas:     and  :text-happynewyear:   to all at  :rs:   

:UK:

wheeledhorseman

I think they are still up to the job! My brothers mod for the c series works well. Just because they don't push from the rear axle they still are good enough :)

The whole plow assembly is very strongly built and from what I can see it would indeed push dirt or deep snow if fitted on a C series. I suspect the limitations that WH were referring to had to do with the pressed steel chassis of for example a B-165 or 216-5 particularly where the bracing brackets attach. I suspect though that with a bit of extra strengthening even this could be overcome. I guess they didn't want owners on their back who'd damaged their LT whilst using the plow.

Interestingly, the guy I got it from bought it nine years ago, I think he said, for way more than I've paid for it. He was told by the vendor that it would fit on his 'C' series which as you've pointed out can and has been done (some pics would be useful for this thread) Maybe it's a matter of asking the right question i.e. sure, but was it designed to fit a 'C' or are some DIY skills needed?

Andy

meadowfield

Andy,

It doesn't naturally fit! You need to make a link to attach to the mid and front tach hitch. It then needs a rocker to do the lift.

Will see if I can find some pics....

Anglo Traction

Don't know about the Attach requirement, but  if your not aware,  the 'Lift Linkage' needed according to the attachment Interchange Sheets is Part Nbr  84321. You can view it on Toro site to see if it's correct and what bits you'll need (no dash in the number).