themasterofmachines

D200 engine swap?

themasterofmachines

I have an old D200 tractor, that I just love and use a daily basis. The other day while moving a trailer in the back yard, and Bang!, it broke a rod. I'm not having any luck finding parts for the Kohler K532 that's on it, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried or heard of swapping in a 20hp Kohler magnum? I have a good magnum engine, and snow season is upon me. Can it be done feasibly?

JackC

Don't know why it would not work if you make sure things line up (motor mount) to drive the hydraulic pump and the PTO.  The crank shaft size may not be the same on the PTO end but you may be able to convert to the electric PTO from a D-160 which uses the 11/8 inch shaft ( I believe).

I have seen a few D-160s with the ONAN 20 hp engine as a replacement.

ol550

Another from the Show Me State.     :WRS:

pfrederi

Curios as I have a D200, how many hours were on the engine.  Those Kohlesr were a heavy duty industrial engine used in skid steers and lots of commercial equipment.

themasterofmachines

The hour meter was broken when I got it, and I've put about 1200 hrs on myself. I can safely say, A LOT, lol. It was my fault, I was running some Lucas and 20w50 oil working it it 90-100 degree heat this summer. I'm fully convinced if I had changed back to straight 20w50 without Lucas I'd be fine right now. The journal on the crank is covered in galled aluminum, which looks like lack of lube to me. It was 9 degrees out when she went, and I got in a hurry and didn't do my normal cold weather several minute warm up either. I feel dumb, but I'll have it back up and running ASAP.

themasterofmachines

post-12216-0-43447000-1386888176_thumb.j

This is her.

z34monty

I don't think the electric clutch will work from a d160 nor will it work on a p220. I have a d160. It had 1900 hrs on it before it gave out. My father has a d 200 with 3100 hrs on it and it is still running. Hard to beat the Kohlers.