David Upton

"Snow Fun"

David Upton

Just wanted to share my initial experience plowing snow with our C-120 which was a learning episode for me. Wasn't sure how 8 inches of snow would effect "Myra" but with the addition of Agricultural rear tires and extremely heavy add on weights,she handled the project with NO problem. Manual up and down and swivel front blade worked great here in Southern Indiana. Never thought I would welcome snow but bring it on! Getting me away from the wood brining stove might be the hardest part. There is also a lot to be said for retirement,which is a blessing.

• Like 5

Coadster32

Awesome to hear the tractor, and yourself, were up to the test. :handgestures-thumbupright:  It is pretty amazing what these things can do. Congrats on your retirement as well. :beer:

BTW---we have a "paper" road in our neighborhood called Upton street. (I got chased by llamas after jumping a fence there once as a kid...long story) :hide:

Edited by Coadster32

Lane Ranger

David, Those Wheel Horse tractors operating a snowplow will surprise you.  The plow operates about as good as it gets on a Wheel Horse garden tractor!   Glad you had a good learning experience.   From now on just consider it fun!

KC9KAS

Glad to hear from another Southern Indiana Hoosier!

As others have said, these Wheel Horses work like.....well, a Horse!

Congratulation on retirement....enjoy!

TravelinJavelin

Hello there David I basicly got the same machine as you 73 12 8spd and 42" blade and even though up here in maine we only got maybe 4" of snow I too was impressed on how it plowed and went over the uneven terrain and took it gracefully if you want to call it that LOL! I could actually plow over the lawn without hardly a scratch that's what made me happy!

Dkphillips

I used to have a C-145 that I used for mowing and snow plowing. My tires finally went bad and I purchased new tires and rims from a local mower dealer. When I first tried to put my chains on the new tires they would not fit due to a fender clearance problem because the rims were a bit different. I was really ticked but decided to give plowing a try without the chains. Much to my delight I could not tell the difference between using chains and not using them. The darnedest thing I ever saw. That Horse moved a lot of snow with and without chains. And I never used weights.

Dieselcowboy

We pass right through worthington on our way to fish in Linton in the summer.