Mgbchuck

Bagger Issues

Mgbchuck

Howdy...........I am the Newbie owner of the 312-8.  I like the bagger on my WH 208-4.  It works well. Can this be modified to work with my 312-8?  I am sure I can get the bags on.....and the chute .... would probably have to fabricate a piece to go on the chute. to attach to the mowing deck.  Has anyone done this?  Or were could I get a bagger for my 312-8.  Actually ....I would just need to correct plastic shoot that would fit on the 42 inch deck.  Also,.......do I need to switch out the blades and have special blades for the bagger?  MY 312-8.....has I believe a 37 inch deck.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I have all winter to figure this out..... Looks like we are in for a long winter.

Thanks.... Chuck Lyons   Akron, Ohio 

dcrage

Chuck, if you have the 37" deck on there you are in luck. It was designed to support bagging as it sets. There is a chute that fits directly over the discharge of the deck which goes to a double bag attachment hanging from a bracket that mounts on the rear of your tractor. All of these were sold as an extra attachment for your tractor. There was also a special "high lift" blade that could be used in place of your discharge side blade. (I do use this blade when doing a lot of bagging.) Don't know the #s for all of these parts, but I would be surprised if Gary doesn't have them loaded in the Manual section of the forum.

Just as an aside, having used the 42" deck on my 418-A for 2 yrs now, I have an appreciation for how much farther the 37" decks throw stuff. Hence the reason they didn't need the "power assist" attachment that other decks required for bagging

Mgbchuck

My new deck has an ID # 3208B402. 45450. Then 8189 on the bottom of the tag. Are there baggers available to buy for this 42" mower???

Chuck

nylyon

Are you certain on that model number?  32-08B402 is a 208-4 tractor?

Mgbchuck

Here is the tag on my mowing deck..... Just waned to know of I can adapt my old bagger from my old deck... Or is a chute available to fit this new deck.

Thanks.... Chuck.... Akron Ohio

post-12145-0-05098900-1386810439.jpg

BOWTIE

CHUCK, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP YOU. I JUST REMOVED THE REAR BRACKETS FOR THE HANGING CONTAINERS,  I REMOVED IT FROM A 1988 312-8 THAT HAD A 37" SIDE DECK.  IT IS A TOTAL OF THREE BRACKETS.  PM ME IF INTERESTED I'M IN CENTRAL OHIO.  THANKS BOWTIE

Mgbchuck

Howdy.........Here are two photos....my old WH with a Bagger.... 37' deck ...... and my new 312-8 Wh and 42" deck.  Is it possible to get a different chute to work with these baggers on my new 312.  I can get the bags on my new 312..... just was to see if they make just the plastic tube (chute) that goes to the bags.... 
Any thoughts????????????

Thanks... Chuck Lyons   Akron, Ohio 

post-12145-0-10741300-1386872596.jpg

post-12145-0-56798300-1386872608.jpg

gwest_ca

I am quite sure the 42" deck required a vacuum blower to move the clippings. Just the 37" and smaller decks could do it on their own.

Here are the parts lists for the 1988 37" decks on the 200-Series

and the 300-Series

Garry

TomB

Inherited a 1980's ish WH but need a bagger for 36" deck.....any suggestions?

gwest_ca

Inherited a 1980's ish WH but need a bagger for 36" deck.....any suggestions?

What is the tractor's model number?

Garry