Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Army Ranger project

CHARGER9AUTO

Just want to add...LOL

TT I could here you typeing clear over hear in IN! :(

I'm not concerned nor do I care what color I paint the tractor...I think the OD green gonna be great!

I only ment to ask if by putting the "Army Ranger" moniker on the Lawn Ranger if any one would take offense to it who is or had been in the armed services or find it in poor taste. :(

My son currently has a B 80 painted orange with the General Lee decals on it.

He runs it like his 4 wheeler though & it sits broke down a lot. :D

Rants are okay in my book...I'm guilty here a few times. :P

Steve, I think Bo and Luke Duke should drive your son's Orange General Lee B-80 tractor YE HAAA . Ben

nylyon

My son currently has a B 80 painted orange with the General Lee decals on it.

A B-80, what are you thinking? Everyone knows the General Lee was a Charger V8 :D

combatmp29r

It sure was!!!! Now see stephen theres what you could do with that charger you were looking at :D

Rollerman

:D ...it wasn't my idea :P

combatmp29r

OK I guess we can cut you some flack this time :D

A perfectly good vertical shaft situation lost :( :P

T-Mo

Joel,

Do I hear the wheel spinning in your head? :D Why not do one yourself?

combatmp29r

Yeah you probably smell the smoke too :D

Charger V8 General Lee. I do have 3 of them plus the one I have to get picked up. HMMMMMMMM. OK I'll have to add that to the to do list. At leaste I'm not worried about running out of projects. Now to sell the Hybrid charger to fund a few more :P

.5racer

Ok math maticians get our caps on . Ebay listing says 16 cubic inch. My 16horse onan has 40.3 cubic inch.SOoooo,,, I figure that motor is about7 to 7and a half horse .

Best way to know would be find out the bore and stroke and do the math!. If ya ot the book it should be in there . I got friends :thumbs: that go-kart raced years ago . They got modifieds and sprint cars now ,, sure. they could figure it out

Myself I just jave a factory stock.

Terry

TT

There's no formula that will tell you the horsepower by only knowing the cubic inch displacement. :thumbs:

A Farmall Cub 4 cylinder is roughly 60 cubic inches and is almost 9 hp and a 113 cubic inch A/B/BN engine is roughly 15 hp. Or.... how about a 672 cubic inch Mack diesel that's only 175 hp? :thumbs:

Compression ratio, rpm, cam specifications, etc. all play a role in determining horsepower.

I would guess that little mil-spec parallel twin to be in the 6 hp range (think two 8 cubic inch 3hp Briggs engines hooked side-by-side) and probably about the same torque rating as a "good" 10hp single, depending on the weight of the reciprocating assembly.

Rollerman

Maybe one of these days I'll get this project done when i'm finished with the Pond & some customer tractors.

I have no heard mine run yet...but have been told by others that use them it pull about equal to a 10HP single.

I'd say TT estimate is about right.