Mgbchuck

Newbie..... But a long time owner

Mgbchuck

Howdy...... Just came across the RedSquare Forum a few days ago....after I purchased my 3rd WH. I am not a collector.... I didn't even know there were fans that collected them. I just like WH because they have been great tractors for me. My first WH was one my Dad and I purchased back when I was a teenager....the only photo I khave is the one posted.... With my 1 year old daughter sitting on the seat. She is now 37 years old. Maybe someone can tell me what WH this is. I currently have this WH 208-4. I have had this for 20 plus years... Also bought this used. It has served me well. I had a guy drop an engine in about 4 years ago.... Can't even tell what it is.... Not plates on it. It got me by....but I mow and fog for mosquitoes at the same time..... Burns oil that bad. Anyhow.....I just picked up a 312-8... 540 hours on it. It is in real nice shape.....I had a local lawn mechanic that I know go over it...and do some basic work. He said it was is awesome condition. Everything looked good...ran good... No smoke....no leaks... And the mower seemed to operate just fine. Hard to test it out with snow on the ground !!!!!! Just changed all the fluids....lubed everything... Sharpened the blades,.... And put in a new battery. Happy with the find.... For $650.00. I think I did Ok. Just going to use it for mowing... 3/4 of an acre. It should last me till I croak!!!!

I always liked the Wheelhorse.... Because it gave me great service. I will probably keep the bagger and see if I can adapt it to my new 312. I really like the bagger... Especially in the fall. I will then see if I can sell my old 208. I will keep the forum handy for advice......you guys know everything. Thanks for the forum and all your knowledge. I will send a new photo after I get me 312 cleaned up .

post-12145-0-69968400-1386083543.jpg

post-12145-0-06419000-1386083563.jpg

post-12145-0-88468000-1386083577.jpg

• Like 4

rydogg

Welcome to redsquare, great looking group of tractors..  The older tractor is a 1962 could be a repowered 702 or 552 telltales are the rounded clutch/brake pedal and the screw on dash plate.  My son loves to drive around on the mosquito fogging tractors if they don't smoke enough for him I just add some oil to the gas.

Edited by rydogg

JC 1965

Hello and  :WRS: Nice herd you have started there.  :thumbs2:  It won't take long til you'll get addicted like the rest of us.  :eusa-whistle:

rmaynard

:WRS:  Nice lineup of Wheel Horses. The tractor your daughter is sitting on looks like a 552 or 653. I'm sure others will chime in to offer their opinions as well.

CasualObserver

:WRS:  Definitely a 1962 by the front of the frame and screw-on metal dash.  My money would be on it being a 552..... nobody replaces a Kohler with a smaller Tecumseh engine!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square...nice horses, and that 1962 picture is just incredible.  Thanks for sharing. :)

groundhog47

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: really great history with young rider, rest of herd very nice also! :)  

Edited by groundhog47

AMC RULES

Vintage pict is pretty cool...humm...Tecumseh powered, so it's most likely a '62 552 or '63 653. 

Based on your engine tin decals, I'm leaning more towards the 552 though. :WRS:  

The 653 models looked like this...

post-3498-0-29796300-1386090595.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES

Mike333

Welcome to Red Square!!!!

leeave96

Nice fleet. Welcome to RS!

Irv

:WRS: Nice tractors. you will be happy with the 312, I have 2 of them, great all around workers and good on gas. I don' t think you'll be able to make the bagger work on the 312 because it looks like you have a 42" deck and it will only work with a 37".

Kennedy

Welcome to Red Square. Just curious did you get that 312-8 in Manchester? I

rexman72

welcome to RS

HorseWhisperer

:WRS:

Mgbchuck

Howdy..... Sure did... In Manchester ... Just off of Manchester Rd.....off Craig's list..... Been looking for months.......

Kennedy

I had just bought mine but stopped and looked at that one. That is a very nice tractor.

KATO

Welcome to :rs: Nice tractors !!

Mgbchuck

Howdy.....thanks for the warm welcome. I found that there was a repair shop... Not too far from my work..... Went there and got two lenses for the tail lights... One was broken....but got got two new ones. Only cost about $8.50 for two. I got a shop to go over the tractor...tune it up...put in new fluids.... Put in a new battery.... And sharpen the blades. It really sounds great when it runs! I have been reading the forum and I think I will heat up the garage... Pull the deck off.... And coat the bottom of the deck with oil or paint.... Or as one guy suggested...that plastic coating you put on the handles of tools. Not sure what to do....I will keep reading the forum. I have all winter to work on it. I will look for your suggestions. The deck is real solid... And I want to keep it that way. I think I will have some fun....and when my 37 year old daughter comes over.... I will have her sit on this new WH... And pose the same shot as the one I have when she was only 1 year old. That could be a fun shot to post both shots together!!!!!!

Thanks guys for you knowledge and help....

Chuck