Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

414 deck lift problem

nylyon

So I had thought that the deck lift lever felt a little loose and I decided to take a look at it. Turns out the tower which the deck lift shaft goes through is bad.

dash.JPG I am now looking for a new part, it is part # 109765 (hoodstand) I can use one from any of the following, but I prefer one which is black with the words 8-Speed on the side:

Let me know if you have one for sale.

Sparky

Hi Karl. I looked in my pile and I have a 01-08K802. Its a 1981 C-81 and looks just like a 1984 C-105 which is on yer list. I looked up the part # from my tractor and its a 108124 but looks just like what your after(109765).

Its not black and wont have any decals on it but it could easily be painted. I dont know if theres some subtle difference in the parts but I could take it off if ya wanted to try it.

Let me know...Mike

nylyon

Mike, I'll keep that one in mind. I looked it up and it sure does look close to me too. There's another fella in CT who has a 312 and may have the part as well. I'm not 100 positive I'm going to replace it. I can't get the inside lift bellcrank separated from the shaft (and I don't have oxy torches to help!). I might take it off ang get a good weld on it. Thanks

nylyon

I found one, thank you for the offer Mike. I just need to clean it up a little and put it on. I can't wait to see how these manual lifts are supposed to feel. I also went to my dealer and picked up new bushings, c-clips and other HW to make this work as best it can. Hey, maybe my arm won't get tired from pulling that lever like I was doing with the plow!

nylyon

Got er fixed. It's amazing how much easier the lift works now. I am actually able to adjust the lift so the rubber bumpers on the mower touch the floor boards. It lists pretty easily, not as easy as the Hydro though :D

Sparky

So what have we learned from all this Karl? If ya guessed that you dont have enough tractors yer right! You have 2 tractors with different jobs, one plows and one mows right?

Now yer plowin tractor gets laid up for awhile to get fixed, so what takes its place and assumes plow duty while its gettin fixed. Not the mowing tractor....its fer mowing. So you need a backup plow tractor. The same theory applies to yer mowin tractor. You need a backup mowin tractor as well.

This is the creed I live by and now I have backup tractors to my backups! The wife doesnt seem to get it yet, but I think if I get another backup tractor that maybe she'll get it this time. If not I'll just try it again by gettin another backup tractor...see where I'm goin with this.

Congradulations on yer successful repair.......Mike :D

nylyon
sidelaugh.gif that's just too funny, but I suppose you're right. Time to start looking....