ibskot

Sleeve to 3 pt adapter?

ibskot

One of the forum members said he thought he may have remembered a post about this. I still have my dad's Sears 3pt hitch stuff... has anyone made an adapter to use a 3pt implement with a sleeve hitch? Probably not worth the effort?

squonk

I think it would be worth the effort if you can do the work yourself I believe the sears 3 pt is a lot different than standard 3 pts.

darg

I have a 71 custom 10 3 pt. hitch . They also had a electric motor operated 3 pt. also.

darg

tbarnhart

I was thinking about making some kind of adapter to do just what you are thinking. My brother has a sears with several 3-point implements that I can't pull with my c-160. I was thinking of an adapter that would pivot in the plow/tiller/grader axle braket and lift with the cable lift. If you come up with an idea, I'd like to see it. Thanks

Wheel-N-It

I'm bringing this topic back up to see if anyone has an update. Now that I have some Sears equipment, I would like to be able to use them with a sleeve hitch if there is an adapter out there to marry these things together.

darg

I would be interested in an adaptor also. I have two sears 3 pt. hitches , one had the electric motor , which went bad. I have plow, disk and cultivator . I would like to use on my 418. Seams like to me that you could use the WH. plow bracket to connect to the sears draw bar and use the upper sears lift bar to raise and lower the unit. When the weather gets better I will see what I can come up with. Being I retired my old custom 10.

• Like 1

312Hydro

This is what I did to use the Sears 3pt.I basically recreated the rear frame of the Sears and moved it back so the lift handle would clear the fender. I wanted to get rid of the handle and fab a linkage to connect to the lift cable from the WH but never got around to it. Here's the link-

http://a4f38966.jpg

Edited by 312Hydro
  • Like 1

Don1977

After looking at Hydro's adapter all you would have to do is cut a heavy gauge 2" tube on the same angle as the sears tractor and weld it on. Then add a boxed angle to the back of the sears plate for the lift arms, two 3" x 3" x 3/16" angles should do it. I would also add a bracket down to the WH tow hitch and add a bolt there. It might need a couple of triangle braces from the tube to the back of the sears plate can't tell from the picture where the 2" tube would be welded on. Cut the lift handle off and add another bracket for the WH lift to attach.

Edited by Don1977
  • Like 1

Joefrommi65

How do you guy brace the bracket under the seat ? Do you have any pics ? I am trying to fab a bracket to add a winch to the back of my 416-8 to lift a back blade/box blade. I think your setups would work much better or at least add some bracket under my seat for mine. I am just not sure how strong the seat bracket would be and the gas tank seams to be in the way also

Thanks,Joe

Edited by Joefrommi65

Don1977

How do you guy brace the bracket under the seat ? Do you have any pics ? I am trying to fab a bracket to add a winch to the back of my 416-8 to lift a back blade/box blade. I think your setups would work much better or at least add some bracket under my seat for mine. I am just not sure how strong the seat bracket would be and the gas tank seams to be in the way also

Thanks,Joe

You need to buy or build a 2" receiver hitch to make attaching a winch easy. Check out the 2" receiver treads.

Joefrommi65

Thanks for responding Don!!!!! This is what I have so far I plan on attaching the tubing to the top of the rear axle and I have fabed up brackets to attach to the exiting hitch on the transaxle for support, I was just wondering what would be a good location to brace under the seat?

Thanks again,Joe

post-12485-0-55699600-1394554916_thumb.j

post-12485-0-13982500-1394554940_thumb.j

darg

I tried to use mine yesterday, but it did not work. I used the two draw arms to attach to the rear wh plow bracket which worked. The problem was the upper depth adjustment was to close to the rear pan. I think you could get a rod and run it to the sears lift arm to the wh lift hitch. Only problem I had was the plow tries to tilt forward and hit the rear seat pan, which mine did and scratched it up. Mad, I repainted it. What guys have came up with sounds good also.

Don1977

I don't know how thick the top of the transmission is my c-120 has two bolts the hold the rear fender and seat. I had one to parochially strip and wouldn't stay tight. I installed a 1/4" longer bolt to get it to tighten up. Don't thing I would use those for a winch mount.

Wheel-N-It

I like what Rich did regarding building the whole plate assembly to use the Sears three point linkage. I may end up with something like that. I do want to use the Sears stuff I have. Too bad its not a "bolt on and go" project.