cjsdad

Need to change my exhaust?

56flatbed

Oh, another thing, I may have given the wrong part number, but the muffler is rated from 9-16 hp.

I got mine at Menard's, Lowe's also has them.

Wally

cjsdad

cjsdad,  I had the same muffler on my C-141 until it finally burned/rusted through and melted the air filter element.  It had also melted the headlight wiring sometime in the past.  I tried the stack type muffler, twice.  Too many problems with vibration breaking welds, and low hanging branches. 

I ended up using an Arnold #35-006 muffler (cheap and available everywhere) and some 1" pipe.

Remove your old muffler and unthread the pipe from the engine.   I used a 3" long pipe on the engine, to a 45* elbow, a 2" section of pipe and then the muffler.  Use anti-seize on all the threads.   The muffler ends up being straight out from the engine and clears the hood.  All for less than $13.00.

Wally

That isn't exactly sexy, but if it works it is sure worth a try.  For the price I can try it and if I don't like it I won't be broke.  Thanks for the info Flatbed!

Hoist.gifHoist.gifHoist.gif

oaktown1987

The Stanley's aren't as good as the the Nelson's but cheaper but if u go to case ih u can get there's which is better but it says ih harvester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk