JamesC-120

lawn ranger trans

JamesC-120

I have a lawn ranger 1967 model L 107 and need all the bearings inside the transmission and cant find them, if you can help me that would be great.

Thanks

rmaynard

PM sent. Most of them cross over to locally stocked automotive bearings available at NAPA and such places. I will try to find a cross reference list for you. The 1533 bearing is 

no longer made. When you can find them new, they are pricey. Lots of good used ones around though.

JamesC-120

That would be great if you could get that conversion giude

stevasaurus

You should have the WH #5053 transmission...here is the list...I go to Motion Industries...they have all but the # 1533 ball bearings...

Description.....................................WH #...................Vender #..................Quantity.......size

in side axle...ball...........................1533.......................n/a...........................2................1 1/2" ID
out side axle...needle....................1528......................B-1616.....................2................1' x 1 1/4" x 1"
input shaft...needle........................1508......................B-1212.....................2................3/4" x 15/16" x 3/4"
11/44 gear base...needle...cap......1532......................M-16121..................1.................1" x 1 1/4" x 3/4"
brake shaft top end...needle..........1530......................B-1612.....................1.................1" x 1 1/4" x 3/4"
cluster gear shaft...needle...cap....1529......................M-12121...................2................3/4" x 15/16" x 3/4"
input spline shaft...needle...cap.....1531......................M-10121...................2................5/8" x 7/8" x 3/4"
inside input gear shaft...needle......1518.....................B-108........................1................5/8" x 15/16" x 1/2"

input gear seal...............................1303.....................skf-7410....................1
axle & brake shaft seals................1232.....................skf-9815...................3

• Like 1

rmaynard

Take a look here: 

Steve, you beat me to it.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

Terry M

I've bought all my lawn ranger (I own four)5053 unidrive transmission bearings and seals on line from MOTION INDUSTRIES . I believe those bearing Numbers are pinned at the top page of this section . Gasket and shift boot are available from toro. also, check out the condition of your 1533 axel bearings before you look for new. I've not found a bad one of those bearings yet in any of my lawn rangers or 606 unidrive transmissions. If you have a question, I know stevasaurus can help you because he knows those unidrives inside and out.......

OOPs,  he already helped you... :)  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Terry M
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

BTW...if you do not want to make your own gasket for the transmission halves...TORO has them for around $6 to $8.  WH  part # 3912...:)

JamesC-120

Thanks for all the info

JamesC-120

Is the input shaft 3/4 x 15/16 x  3/4  or    3/4 x 1 x 3/4

Because the web site says 3/4 x 1 x 3/4

stevasaurus

The input shaft is 3/4"...the 15/16" is the OD of the bearing (it could be 1") I am not sure where I got those numbers.  Regardless...the B-1212 torrington is the correct bearing. :bow-blue:

gwest_ca

I think the B-series of Torrington bearings all have an OD 1/4" larger than the ID. The first 12 in this case is the shaft size in 16th's of an inch (12/16"=3/4") and the 2nd 12 is the depth of the bearing again in 16th's of an inch.

Garry

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I kind of think that I got those numbers from Motion Industries website... it is how they have them listed under their numbers.  A 1" hole is not going to accept a 1" OD bearing...it has to be a little smaller to fit.  I think they list it at 15/16", but I bet we are dealing in .001" or .0001"...make since???

:eusa-think:

sorekiwi

B-1212 is 3/4 bore, 1" OD, 3/4 wide.  The correct fit for a drawn cup needle roller is about .0005" per inch of OD (in cast iron).

My bearing list is out in the cold garage, but B-1212 sounds right.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Mike...the B-1212 is the right bearing for the input shaft in this application. I think I got the measurements from their web site... :)

JamesC-120

How do you recommend taking out the bearings that have a bottom to the hole so you cant hit them from the other side and also how do I get the two big ball bearing out with out ruining them? 

Terry M

That bottom I think your talking about is part of the bearing. knock it out just like the others. the 1533 bearings, if they're good, just leave them in. if not, they're hard for me to get out without wrecking them. I got a pair out of a trans once by setting the case in an old gas grill and putting one burner on low for a while and heating it up. they seem to popout then..(or i just got lucky). but I made sure everything was cleaned up in a parts washer first.

Edited by Terry M
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

You can use an arbor to tap them out the cap bearings), if you have one.  I have found that the right 1/2" drive socket (one that just fits in the place where the bearing goes) and an extension work pretty good..  You can tap them out from the inside.

Like Terry said...if your ball bearings are OK...I would leave them in the trans half.. :)

JamesC-120

I got all the small bearing out but I cant get the two big ones out.

JamesC-120

I got the big ones out but the races are super pitted and destroyed, what do you recommend I do.

stevasaurus

racinfool40 (Mike) has good used sets of the # 1533 bearings that he sells...send him a PM... :)

• Like 1

JamesC-120

How many input spline shaft needle, cap, 1531, M-10121...................2................5/8" x 7/8" x 3/4" are there in a wheel horse lawn ranger trans. I can only find a place for 1.

JamesC-120

I found it, the guide is wrong there is only 1.

stevasaurus

You are correct, there is only one #1531...sorry.  How are you doing with that trans...seems like you have been working on it a long time.  :eusa-think:

JamesC-120

Well I needed a hood for my lawn ranger so that has put things off but I got a hood and just painted everything and am now assembling it.

stevasaurus

Did you get all your parts for the transmission??  :)