Butch

Help with rear plow hitch

Butch

Hi. I bought a rear hitch for my C-Series tractors. It's for mounting the snowplow and mid mount grader/plow. I got

it off Ebay. I thought all these hitches were the same but they're not. This one mounts differently and the two

slots that the plows would slip into are way too far a part. It will not work. Are there part numbers for these

complete hitches or does someone have a part number for the C-Series hitch?

Thanks!

W/H JUNKY

Butch

Could you send any pictures of this mount.

Butch

Butch

Could you send any pictures of this mount.

Sure. Give me a little bit.

Butch

_574.jpg

_573.jpg

_571.jpg

_57.jpg

I don't even know what attachments would fit this since it is much wider than my other one. The owner said it came off a C-85.

shallowwatersailor

Is it a hitch for a GT-14?

varosd

looks like the early version that mounts in front of the axle? the one you need closest

1229071027.jpg

Edited by varosd

WH nut

Looks home made to me

Sparky

Its not homemade....but its not for a "C" series either.

Mike.......

cjsdad

Is that for a rear tiller maybe?

Kelly

That hitch is the early style hitch, pre 70's not really correct for the C's I have correct hitch's if you need one send me a PM

Dkphillips

Looks like the snow plow rear attachment on the C 145 I used to have. May work for some other attachment but I do not know what.

Irv

I think I have one like that too. You could probably cut off the cross bar and just use the brackets.

brandonozz

Looks like the one you have there may be off a D series.  There roughly 15 1/4" wide where the C series are about 11 1/2" wide.  The D's mount in front of the axle and the bolts go thru the "C" channel that holds the 3 PT assembly.

Trouty56

Cross bar on the D series is on the front of the bracket...not the rear...at least mine is.....

AMC RULES

Just cut it apart, mount it up, then reweld a new brace to fit your needs.   :tools-hammerdrill:

• Like 2

W/H JUNKY

That is mounted just like the one that is on my 701. but I have never attached anything to it. 

brandonozz

Cross bar on the D series is on the front of the bracket...not the rear...at least mine is.....

Bob, my cross bar is the same as in the picture but the locking arms are turned 180 degrees towards the front of the tractor.

Trouty56

Then you have it in on backwards....ill take a pick of mine tomorrow.

Or mine is on backwards...lol....maybe mine is wrong...haha....I can't visualize it right now....

Edited by Trouty56

Trouty56

Bob, my cross bar is the same as in the picture but the locking arms are turned 180 degrees towards the front of the tractor.

Well I located a pic of a D series bracket and.....this looks just like the one I found.....by golly brandonozz you are right.....but I do believe your locking arms should be the other way....maybe the shortframe's used the same one....

flyovrcntry

I'm so confused,maybe if you put the plow on the back of the tractor and plowed in reverse ? :eusa-think:

Where is that bottle,what ? who drank all of that ? :?

• Like 1

brandonozz

Well I located a pic of a D series bracket and.....this looks just like the one I found.....by golly brandonozz you are right.....but I do believe your locking arms should be the other way....maybe the shortframe's used the same one....

I think the locking arms may have been turned towards the front of the tractor because this is a loader tractor and there may be clearance issues with the subframe.  Not sure but that's my story and I'm sticking to it as it is too cold to go look right now!

AMC RULES

I'm so confused,maybe if you put the plow on the back of the tractor and plowed in reverse ? :eusa-think:

Where is that bottle,what ? who drank all of that ? :?

Wasn't a bottle of rock n rye was it?    :scratchead:

leeave96

_574.jpg

_573.jpg

_571.jpg

_57.jpg

I don't even know what attachments would fit this since it is much wider than my other one. The owner said it came off a C-85.

I'm pretty sure that style hitch was used on the short frame Wheelhorse tractors.  I had a Raider 9 one time and that was how the hitch was made.  The face of the hitch mounts to the front of the axle tube frames with the "U" shaped part of the bracket point down towards the ground and the bolts that tighten it running over the top and bottom of the square axle tubes - front to back.

Hope this helps.

Bill