Shuboxlover

Prayers....

Shuboxlover

To all you in the Midwest dealing with the tornado outbreak today.

I hope everyone is safe!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

nylyon

It looks like it was nasty.

dtallon

We got hit today. Family is ok. Lost most of our windows and part of our roof but is fixable. Houses just a block away are totally gone. Had just come in from taking advantage of the warm weather and pressure washing one of my recently bought horses. Tractor was still sitting where I parked it after the storm, just had the hood and seat flipped up. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

• Like 3

CasualObserver

Prayers, prayers and more prayers sent!

Glad your family is ok.  I used to have an apartment right in Washington just over 10 years ago.  I saw pics of the complex this morning, and my old apartment is literally gone. Can't believe it. I still have lots of family and friends in the area, who all have reported in as 'ok'. 

That is a bad little area.  I think about 8-9 years ago was that EF-4 that went just north of Eureka and took out the Parsons plant, and a year or two before that there was a bad one that took out part of Morton.  For those not familiar with the area... both those places are within 15 miles or so of Washington.  Pretty small area to get hit that regularly with that much destruction...

AMC RULES

We got hit today. Family is ok. Lost most of our windows and part of our roof but is fixable. Houses just a block away are totally gone. Had just come in from taking advantage of the warm weather and pressure washing one of my recently bought horses. Tractor was still sitting where I parked it after the storm, just had the hood and seat flipped up. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Good to know everyone is OK. 

dtallon

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys.  CasualObs, I'm assuming you are talking about Georgetown, I'm an alum of their myself.  Lived there in 99-00.  Had a tornado just graze the complex then, and took the roof off the bowling alley.  Nothing like what just happened, and the track was only a half mile or so, but the path of that one is right in line with the one that just happened.  

So here are some pics.  Like I said, was just washing a tractor before the storm hit.  The hood hinge is bent a little when the hood flipped up, and the rear tail light got broken, but I can't believe the tractor was still right where I parked it, or at least the hood didn't get ripped off.  I took the gas tank and battery out for washing, and hope to put those back in tomorrow and see if it will run.  The neighbors playset that was made of 4x6 beams and anchored in the ground not 20 feet from the tractor was ripped out of the ground and carried 50 feet before smashing into the side of a house.  The photo showing the most damage is of my neighbor across the street.  Those with keen eyes may be able to pick out the Craftsman rider, sans-hood, in the left-lower-middle of the picture.  It was sitting in the garage on the left of the picture before the storm.  

It has been a rough couple days, but the support from family, friends and community has been tremendous.  I just can't say enough thank-you's.  It's going to be a long recovery process, but every where we look we are reminded we are blessed that our family is safe, and our loss is minimal compared to those that lost everything.

Dave

tallon_house_01.jpg

tallon_house_02.jpg

tornado_10.jpg

tornado_11.jpg

tornado_15.jpg

neighbors_01.jpg

tornado_12.jpg

dclarke

WOW.... Dave, glad you and your family are safe.

AMC RULES

A testament to the power of   :wh:

CasualObserver

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys.  CasualObs, I'm assuming you are talking about Georgetown, I'm an alum of their myself.  Lived there in 99-00.  Had a tornado just graze the complex then, and took the roof off the bowling alley.  Nothing like what just happened, and the track was only a half mile or so, but the path of that one is right in line with the one that just happened.  

Yep, exactly!  I swear this world gets smaller and smaller every single day.  You can see my Georgetown apartment in this video.  I lived on the third floor of the building with the truck wrapped around a tree in front of it. I was there 02-03 before we bought a house out in Goodfield.

This is an aerial video of the Washington damage.

Looks like you were definitely very lucky to only have that little damage... looks much worse across the street.  Which town are you in? There's so many that all run together out there on that side of Peoria.  I know my aunt and uncle had roof and debris damage at their place in Pekin, and a friend had some minor damage in East Peoria, but since the biggest news is Washington, that's all anyone is showing pictures of.  Been following a lot on facebook.  Totally crazy about the swingset... the power of wind is a weird thing.

dtallon

CasualObs - Thanks for posting that video.  I haven't had time to look at much of the coverage nor have I been very far past my house.  Makes me feel even luckier.  We are in the row of houses at the top of the screen at about 2:10 in that video.  

Put the gas tank and battery back on the C-120 today, it had to crank a little while to get the fuel pump primed and pumping, but it fired up and drove just fine.  The neighbor with the Craftsman just pushed his out to the curb.  

Had another very productive day today.  Feel like we have things covered back up as best we can, and got alot of stuff moved out of the house to clear the way for cleaning and repair.  We have all gotten a ton of support from our friends and coworkers.  It really makes you appreciate how great a community Washington and the Peoria area is.  

Dave

• Like 1

oldblue1993

Glad to hear its all comin around, and hoping the best for you and your nieghbors.

hcminis

Dave

Glad you are ok and the house isn't a complete loss.  You'll be back to those Horses soon enough.  Can't wait to see the project tractor(s)