Sign in to follow this  
joebob

Tecumseh h55d

joebob

:USA: does anybody know if the internals for the h55 are the same as the h50 or h60 engine I haven't been able to find any specs on this engine, I know the bores are the same, just how much differance is there in the rest with out tearing a 50/60 down :banghead: looking to do a rebuild and want to make sure I can get parts if I need them

sorekiwi

:USA: does anybody know if the internals for the h55 are the same as the h50 or h60 engine I haven't been able to find any specs on this engine, I know the bores are the same, just how much differance is there in the rest with out tearing a 50/60 down :banghead: looking to do a rebuild and want to make sure I can get parts if I need them

I went thru this a bit when I reringed (rerang?) my H55. I used rings and gaskets from an H60.

Not sure if the piston is the same - I used my old (H55) one.

The rod is different - the H55 has an internal oil pump, so the rod doesnt have a dipper. I reused my rod too, but did get it penetrant inspected. Maybe you could use an H60 rod, and cut the dipper off (havent actually compared them side by side.

Valves I reused too, mine had a different retaining system than the H60's I've looked at (a pin through the stem to retain the spring cap). You could probably use H60 valves if you used H60 valve spring retainers.

Most Tecumseh dealers laughed at me when I said "H55", so I just kinda did my own thing. Good Luck!